25th Anniversary Pics - Storm Shadow - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    quote removed

I certainly have no problem with anybody having any opinion at all about any aspect of the line, but that attitude is juvenile.
    • Love 'em? - great!
    • Hate 'em? - fine.
    • Reserving judgement until you're better informed? - completely reasonable.
    • Deciding against something, then refusing to find out why, or even if you don't like them? - That isn't an opinion, it's just prejudiced nay-saying.

Again, please post your opinion, no matter how you feel, in fact, even if you're uninformed. But to blatantly refuse to find out when the information is now available and right at your fingertips, yet still maintain that the worst must be true might say more about you than you'd like to admit.
    Last edited by CGC; 01-23-2007 at 04:22 PM.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a feeling this will be a great set and the distribution will somehow be greatly delayed or disportionate. I'm already preparing myself for that fact. Maybe we should do a poll on the confidence of hasbro releasing this set without a hitch.

[QUOTE=Flophouse]Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm completely confused when people were thrashing these figures before images were up and now that we have a fantastic image of a beautiful classic action figure, people are still throwing tomatoes and rotten heads of lettuce at it. Wow, this boggles me. But please, for everyone who wants RAH molds and hates everything else, continue to think this, please. Because for eveyone who hates these new ones, myself and most others will gladly buy your share.

You know it's funny, there was only 3 I think people including myself that said we didn't care for them. And I also find it funny that a few people have so far spoke up that they would be willing to buy our shares. And 1 last thing I find funny is that I heard the same exact same thing we some of us said we didnt like the new sculpts. Yet most if not all of the new sculpt stuff was peg warmers, still in stock at hasbro and sell for pennies on the dollar on what they cost on ebay. If you like the fig's fine, if you dont fine. Just simply post if you like them or dont, you dont need to judge or question other opinions that differ.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This is just me speaking as an ARAH only collector - I have never been impressed with anything that walks away from ARAH, but man oh man, these are absolutely incredible!

The detail, the articulation, the proportionate design, the definitive sculpt - this is hands down one of the coolest things that Hasbro has put out in well over a decade.

A TERRIFIC honor to the 25th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    This is just me speaking as an ARAH only collector - I have never been impressed with anything that walks away from ARAH, but man oh man, these are absolutely incredible!

The detail, the articulation, the proportionate design, the definitive sculpt - this is hands down one of the coolest things that Hasbro has put out in well over a decade.

A TERRIFIC honor to the 25th Anniversary.
    I'm more or less a RAH collector only as well, but the character designs were a huge part of that, which goes a long way with this line, in my opinion.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Reserving judgement until you're better informed? - completely reasonable.
    That's my position.

One picture of Storm Shadow isn't something to judge 25 figures on. (He's not even a favorite character of mine.)

Though, he's wearing socks with sandals, that's just wrong!

(everybody noticed those sandals instantly, didn't they?)

not a bad looking sculpt but not a fan of the double knees and the wrist articulation.

unless of course these are 8" figures then they would probably work just fine.

and those are more flip flops than sandals.

VC9k

Not GI Joe?

It's amazing to me to hear people say that a product like this is not GI Joe, when in fact ARAH is not GI Joe if you ask a 12" collector. I think a better statement would be that this is not ARAH. I know, it's a matter of symantics, but as a "GI Joe" collector, I have pretty much all types of figures in my collection (don't have any S6... yet). Sorry about the little rant, but it just seems to me that there are too many divisions in the collecting community. My feeling is that if you like GI Joe, you should at least be able to accept that the product line has changed a lot since it's original inception in the mid-60's whether you like it or not. Even before ARAH, there were 2 different size of Joes (think 8" Super Joe).

Anyway, I reserve my judgement of the SS figure until I can see it up close and personal.
    Guillaume le Conquerant - GIJoeCollector - YoJoeDavis

"SWEET DONKEY!"-- The Maniacal Smile

The actual ninja's wore what is called tabi socks w/sandals of which I find this detail of storm shadow one of the great qualities of this new articulation.
    I would say that this new articulation is kind of like this.The starting line-up series although great for the time was seriously lacking in articulation to say the least.Then Todd Mcfairlane bought the rights and now you have his line of super articulated sports figures that almost look as though they could play themselves.
    I love ARAH don't get me wrong,but there is a real refreshing feeling about something old,but totally new and with so much detail.
    Just my opinion

I don't really like them. But I will still buy them. haha It looks like they bend in more places then the all the ather 3 3/4 Joes.