25th Anniversary Pics - Storm Shadow - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Talking ARAH Lover

All old sculpt style figures were cool.. but you have to remember this is only one stage of GIJOE as Will (GIJOE Collector) mentioned.. when our 3 3/4 dudes came along in 1982 I'm sure there were many collectors who screamed sacrilege at the smaller joes because they were spoiling there 12" Joe line.. toys change and evolve.. and I note again.. I too am a massive RAH Sculpt fan.. but i do like these figures.. I think if your a fan of toys and only embrace a certain style.. you only set yourself for disappointment when the toyline changes.

I'll hope the next 24 figures are just as well thought out and are as good as Storm Shadow.

Anyone know when we'll see some packaging art?
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Best job Hasbro did since the introduction of 3.75 GIJoe figures.

Finally Hasbro made figures that kids and collectors like. Looks like hasbro goes the same direction like it went with star wars: a detailed, realistic action figure of a great, classic character always sell.

If they can give all characters in the classic GIJoe universe this threatment, this line will have potential.

There is still a long way to go. Hope sales will be enough the build up a new line with new figures and vehicles. I really hope Hasbro can give kids a good old fashioned tv show in arah style, with no tv station complaining the show is too "patriotic" oriented.

AWESOME! I LOVE that figure! I was afraid they messed it up with some crappy "bulging shoulders" figures, but they've done a great job. It may not be a RAH-like figure, but it is definetely cool.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Amazing. Simply amazing. I can't wait to see the rest, nor can I wait for the summer. I just hope they don't cost a crapload of money. I'm already irritated that Marvel Legends figures went up a buck since Hasbro took them over.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Never thought that aquiring the marvel license would cause a change in GI joe format. that thing is a dead ringer for a ML style SS custom.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    Wow, wow, wow, wow....and did I mention WOW?????

This is how a new sculpt figure SHOULD look, not that huge chested, uber-tiny waisted junk that we got before! Hasbro finally got it right. I see me getting two sets when they hit!

Thumbs up

Stormy looks incredible, I can't wait to see the rest of the lineup!

I'd buy that figure

I'd also buy a satan red version of it and a dark blue(ninja viper) version of it ! Let's hope Hasbro makes them easily obtainable because I don't want it to take another 25 years for me to acquire them.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcerFan
    All old sculpt style figures were cool.. but you have to remember this is only one stage of GIJOE as Will (GIJOE Collector) mentioned.. when our 3 3/4 dudes came along in 1982 I'm sure there were many collectors who screamed sacrilege at the smaller joes because they were spoiling there 12" Joe line..
    Speaking as somebody who started collecting Joes when they came out in 1982, that was exactly the case. The 12" collectors belittled the 3 3/4 joes for years. It's only been about in the last 10 years that that kind of talk has really died down.

The newest sculpt Storm Shadow looks great. A lot like a super articulated stormtrooper figure. I'll definitely buy the Storm Shadow figure and most of the others. These won't replace the old sculpt figures but they will definitely replace most of the 2002-2006 new sculpt figures. If they make a new EELS, Snow Serpent and other Cobra army builders that look as good as Storm Shadow then I'm going to go broke.