yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Those other two look really good!

jamarmiller, I just emailed you a finished page

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cant wait to see it

Thanks so much shogi! I cant wait to see it

I havent gotten the e-mail just yet but I will keep looking for it! I cant wait to see what you have done now!
    "We Will be victorious"!--Iron Claw
    ACTION FORCE and ACTION MAN website here
    http://www.bloodforthebaron.com

Quote Originally Posted by jamarmiller
    great!!! when do you get home! please let me know when you are ready and I will tell you what pages I need to get done next, thank you for helping WE NEED your help so thank you!
    howdy, i'm home now. ok, are we coloring these all digitally or what? just let me know what pages, and links to them.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ya all digitially done!

I will send you a PM

thanks so much

WOW! Whoever did the School for Snakes page is awesome! Looks really professional. BTW what's up with the spare arm in the last panel of the one I did? Was there a Joe feeling left out and he decided to get a body part in the comic?

Lol

uhmm ya ( looks both ways ) that was ( rolls eyes) like me ( ducks head and rushes out of the room)

hehehe I thought I would add one more guy getting shot half way of panel!

hehehehe I like death in my comics

Your work now adorns my desktop shogi ! I look forward to each of your pages with excitement

Quote Originally Posted by jamarmiller
    uhmm ya ( looks both ways ) that was ( rolls eyes) like me ( ducks head and rushes out of the room)

hehehe I thought I would add one more guy getting shot half way of panel!

hehehehe I like death in my comics

Your work now adorns my desktop shogi ! I look forward to each of your pages with excitement
    It's cool man, I think I deleted a Hiss in the previous panel (I couldn't really tell what it was but there was what looked like a Hiss grill and some treads)

Here is a copy of the e-mail sent to me by Matthew Paternoster, it should be of some help to any budding colorists out there.

Hello there, My name is Matt and I have recently been coloring some of the pages of the old action force comics on that blood for the baron website. Jamar Miller is who I've mainly been in contact with and he said that these two emails needed some help with how to color the black and white pages. This may be very wordy and I am by no means a pro, but it may help you out. I use photoshop so this will help for photoshop version 7.0 and up.
    There are many tutorials on how to do it online but I think the best one is from steel dolphin. His name is Chris Alridge and has worken on many high profile books like Battle Chasers. There are 2 parts, one for prepareing the lineart and one for the actual color. I suggest you disregard the first tutorial, maybe just look over it as the images we are coloring arent rreally lineart. Whoever cleaned up these images did a phenomenal job, but the resolution isn't nearly as high as lineart should be. Professional lineart should be at a minimun 1200dpi (dots per inch), these images are only at 300 dpi, which is fine to be posted on the internet. Anyway, the tutorial says to go into channels to do the coloring, but that is only to reduce the file size. A page scanned at 1200 dpi can be up to 150 megabytes, which can drastically slow you PC(it doesn't matter if it mac or PC, I use a PC). When the file is first opened, it will be a .jpg file, which is a basic image file. The first thing you want to do is change it from grayscale to RGB(color) mode. So go to image-mode-RGB. On the right side, there will be your layers window. There should be one layer named background on it, which is the black and white image. Click on the background layer and make a copy of it (ctrl-j). There should now be layer 1 and background. We do this because you shouldn't work directly on the original layer. Then, we want to make a new blank layer. The layer window has its own minimize/close box and right under that there is an arrow, click on it and the go to new layer, or press shift-ctrl-n. Name that layer color. Then, click that layer to select it(it should be highlighted blue to show it is selected) and wherethere is a drop down arrow box, select it to multiply. This will allow you to put the flat color down without having to worry about going over the black-just try it with the paintbrush tool-but make sure you are on the layer named color! To color them, I use a tablet which has a little pen on a plastic mousepad and it senses the pen so it is like a mouse, but using the mouse is ok too. You could do this for the entire page, which would make it look like a hand painted retro comic.
    The next step is illustrated and probably told better than I could tell because I am a horrible writer, but it is very good. Basically all you need to know is where the light is coming from and what color that light is. For example, a blinking emergency light could be red, which you would make a red highlight on the character, or there might be daylight which would be a pale yellow on the character. Below are the links to the tutorials, and I have attatched 2 images of my computer screen to see what they look like. I apologize for this being so wordy but I don't know your photoshop skill or even if you have photoshop! Jamar just sent me these email addresses and said you were dying to know hot to do it. If you have any questions just email me but remember, I am not a pro, just a college student. Also, you can check my deviant art page if you'd like, I did a cool version of a cobra ninja:

http://livetoski.deviantart.com/

http://www.steeldolphin-forums.com/h...olorpart1.html
    http://www.steeldolphin-forums.com/h...olorpart2.html

In my excitement I forgot to credit the artists! Sorry!

World Enemy 37 was coloured by Scott Perret
    World Enemy 38 was coloured by Matthew Paternoster
    Showdown 02 was coloured by Michael Devine

Snakes 32 was also coloured by Matthew Paternoster while Red Shadows 22 was also coloured by Scott Perret

My thanks and admiration to you all!