Sigma 6 - Toy Fair 2007

yojoe.com

Sigma 6 - Toy Fair 2007

Toy News International posted some photos from TF 2007. How come I don't see Sigma Six on some of the packaging?

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...GI_Joe&start=0

Last edited by armothe; 02-12-2007 at 12:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I heard rumors on TNI that Hasbro is dropping the S6 name, but continuing the 8" line of figs. I haven't heard why.

Quote Originally Posted by nosajnnyl
    I heard rumors on TNI that Hasbro is dropping the S6 name, but continuing the 8" line of figs. I haven't heard why.
    Just a change in theme to keep the kids interested. Once upon a time in the 80s, companies would try to keep a line going as long as possible, but eventually kids would turn to something new. New gimmicks might be tried, but it was the same old line, and eventually they would die.

At some point, they realized they could keep the line going by changing themes or gimmicks, and giving the line a new title. The classic example of this are the Power Rangers, which seem to have a new incarnation every year. We've also seen it with Transformers, going from Armada to Energon, Cybertron, Classics, and soon, Heroes.

With the Joes, the new 3.75 lines tried it with JvC, SpyTroops, and VvV, before they gave up on a 3.75 line for kids.

Now it's the 8" figures' turn. We go from Sigma Six to GI Joe (which gets a much more prominant display on the boxes) with 3 sub groups: Adventure Team, Combat Squad and "Commandos". The Commandos will be the truest progeny of the S6 line, though whether they will be called Commandos, My Little Joes, or something else remains to be seen.