America's Elite #21 (Review thread, possible spoilers)

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else looking forward to Issue #21?

With issue 20, we finally ended the Rey/Pheonix Guard storyline that has been going on since issue 14. In 21, we get to see the new creative team actually coming up with their own stories instead of just finishing what he old team is, plus we get to watch the Baroness beating up on everyone; judging from the five page preview, this is gonna be good.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I look forward to every single issue- the only ones I didn't care for were REBORN. I do think this one looks really good coming up and will take the story in a new direction.

DDP has been doing a great job. I am an avid SW comics reader as well and the DDP just feels more grittier and tougher than the SW DH comics.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Watch for the Mike Bear interview tonight (or early tomorrow) and the Mark Powers interview tomorrow night (or early Wednesday morning), then the book is out Wednesday!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

issue 21

im looking foward to the new issues the art looks fantastic, swamp vipers cant wait. i was a little let down at the end of the casey run it felt a little rushed to me the joes got off to easily in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bohn
    Watch for the Mike Bear interview tonight (or early tomorrow) and the Mark Powers interview tomorrow night (or early Wednesday morning), then the book is out Wednesday!
    Great interview I really enjoyed the Mark Powers one and his answers concerning the Red Shadows
    "We Will be victorious"!--Iron Claw
    ACTION FORCE and ACTION MAN website here
    http://www.bloodforthebaron.com

Well, it should be out today. Can't wait to go snag my copy!
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

I saw it last night and flipped through it (they wouldn't let me buy it cause it wasn't Wednesday yet). Let me just say the new artist is pretty good. Then I went on to read his interview and it looks like he'll be around for a while (more good news). BEST news however would be this quote from the interview:

Q: Are you a 22 page a month artist? What issue are you currently working on?

I'm doing 22 pages a month, and some occasional covers. I sometimes wish I spent more time on the details but I guess I'd rather just get the pages done on time. I'm currently right-smack-dab in the middle of issue 23.

Thank you! You don't know how many books I've bought drawn by "name" artists who CAN'T get their stuff out on time. Good to know GI Joe has an artist who KNOWS his job is to DRAW COMICS.

America's Elite #21 (Review thread, possible spoilers)

*Possible Spoilers, You Have Been Warned!*

So what does everyone think of the first issue by the new creative team? I enjoyed it a lot; the storyline got off to a strong start and we had a lot of characters show up who we've not seen for a while, with everyone being used appropriately for the plot. It was nice to see Wraith back, and I liked the way Destro and Alexander were shown especially in light of the "more legitimate" heir out there (born in wedlock, after all, which would matter for someone of noble lineage) who Destro doesn't even know about. I'll be interested to see what Cobra Commander is going to do regarding Destro, since as far as he knows CC killed his wife & unborn child -- a friendly chat seems unlikely! And the Baroness going to Bludd for help was a great touch, harkening back to the early days of the Marvel run when they were conspiring against CC.

I definitely felt the art was an improvement on previous issues, although the colorist needs to tone down things a bit and stop "muddying up" the clarity of the pictures so much. I'd also be interested to see Bear's pencils covered by a different inker as some pictures loked a little rough but, again, this could be the colours as the b&w preview pages looked great.

Loved it!!! I am so biased though i don't think I could say something bad about the line (still not a fan of REBORN).

That was cool with Wraith wiping out that one COBRA trooper in the beginning- it reminded me of Predator. Agree with you on all points though I think Destro is already beginning to hatch a trap!!

Wraith, Bludd, and Destro- it is great stuff getting better!!! I am going to go read it again- by now!!
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

why is 21 not a silent issue

It would have been fine if marvel had been the only one, but since devils due already did a silent 21 they should of kept it going or just not of bothered with the stupid relaunch idea in the first place.