$80 shipping?!? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $80 shipping?!?

Quote Originally Posted by thunt4
    I dunno guys $80 does seem a bit much or does it. I just got a figure lot shipped priority in a 12x12 box and it was 10.50 for that small of a box. Figures don't weigh a ton. Here you have a box that is 2.5 feet by around 16 inches high and the planes are not exactly light. SO to get a box to fit both and to properly pack it with bubble wrap so the inside boxes don't get damaged you are going to have a nice size box till its all said and done. I don't see it being $80 but I also see it being way above 20 or even 30. You would almost have to prepack it and weigh it.
    I shipped a FLAGG not too long ago for 100 bucks, and I have shipped two Terror Dromes for 50 bucks, so 80 bucks is insane no matter what.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Too expensive? Yes way too much, I'd never pay it.

However he states it up front. Some sellers rip you off and don't tell you high shipping till after you win. You have to give him that.

If the seller states it upfront all anyone has to do is take that into consideration when bidding. If its $30 more than what you think it should costs then bid $30 less. Its that simple.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniJoe
    If the seller states it upfront all anyone has to do is take that into consideration when bidding. If its $30 more than what you think it should costs then bid $30 less. Its that simple.
    Except of course when you get the goobers charging 8-10 bucks for shipping on one figure. Then you just ignore the seller altogether I say. After all, I'm not going to bid on say a Raptor figure and then pay more in shipping than I feel the entire figure is worth.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

Quote Originally Posted by thunt4
    I dunno guys $80 does seem a bit much or does it. I just got a figure lot shipped priority in a 12x12 box and it was 10.50 for that small of a box. Figures don't weigh a ton. Here you have a box that is 2.5 feet by around 16 inches high and the planes are not exactly light. SO to get a box to fit both and to properly pack it with bubble wrap so the inside boxes don't get damaged you are going to have a nice size box till its all said and done. I don't see it being $80 but I also see it being way above 20 or even 30. You would almost have to prepack it and weigh it.

Nope-Shipped the Rolling Thunder IN the Box with a BUGG Priority-HUGE---no GIGANTIC box-$21.00
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    Nope-Shipped the Rolling Thunder IN the Box with a BUGG Priority-HUGE---no GIGANTIC box-$21.00
    It also depends on where its going.If its a state close to where you live its way cheaper than say across the country.Dont see why there would be any complaints about an auction like that one,when was the last time you saw an auction with a night boomer and skystriker both 100% and unbroken with boxes!!Probably never and you will probably never see one again.Its even kind of hard to find the skystriker 100% with parachutes.
    Last edited by Cobraghostship; 03-09-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I must be a fool. I charge a fair shipping rate no matter how rare the item is.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD MINT STORMSHADOW
    I must be a fool. I charge a fair shipping rate no matter how rare the item is.
    Yeah, how rare it is really shouldn't have anything to do with it. However, I don't really see a problem here. As someone else stated, the shipping is clearly stated up front, and you should always factor the shipping cost into your bid. And, if he's really going to charge actual shipping anyways, it's even more of a non-issue, heck, someone might end up getting a good deal since most other bidders will assume it will be the $80 shipping fee and bid accordingly.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!