Silver Body Destro from Argentina on eBay? - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    I worked in an injection molding plant for ten years. It isn't likely that the heads were metalized in the same building, but it is possible. Assembly was also not likely done at the same place, but again it is possible. It is even less likely that they were packaged at the same location, but again it is possible. They almost certainly had a custom stand for the heads to speed up the metalization & ensure a more even, uniform plate - the other body parts could not have fit in that stand (really more of a custom tray with a riser, but that's just semantics). The only way this could have been done at the factory would be if it were intentional - and it wouldn't have been a spur-of-the-moment thing. Separating the parts to be metalized, keeping them hidden from the supervisor while they harden (at least a full shift), assembling them then sneaking the assembled fig into the packaging machine - even if this were done at a single location, they would have been in different departments and an "accident" or QA slip up would not slide that far. Accidents happen, but not that many consecutive convenient goofs that would lead to something like this. If it did come from the factory like this, I would call it an in-plant custom by a very sneaky employee. Calling it an error is misleading, & calling it a variant is just wrong.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i used to work at krispy kreme donuts. when we got bored we would take a donut and put diffrent types o creams in it, run it through the glazer a dozen times and then dare each other to eat it. in theory we made rare varients. so its a stretch but i wonder if its possible some guys got bored one night and said hey i wonder what would happen if we......... get my drift? as far as how it got home could be as simple as the supervisor not seeing anything wrong and letting it go home.
    just a thought.

Question Answer my questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Island_Survivor
    The only crime I see is calling this rarity a fake.
    Yeah you say that.. but you still haven't answered my earlier questions.. you know the ones I asked for you to back up the theory that its a rare figure..??
    It's great how certain members seem to think they have a distinct advantage by coming back at me with one liners without backing up their comments with any solid answers... you only seem intent on stirring up trouble.. which is really not what forum discussion is all about..
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bluebikerboy1
    i used to work at krispy kreme donuts. when we got bored we would take a donut and put diffrent types o creams in it, run it through the glazer a dozen times and then dare each other to eat it. in theory we made rare varients. so its a stretch but i wonder if its possible some guys got bored one night and said hey i wonder what would happen if we......... get my drift? as far as how it got home could be as simple as the supervisor not seeing anything wrong and letting it go home.
    just a thought.
    That is the only way I can reasonably see it coming out of the factory. That isn't an error or a variant though, it is a custom that was done at the factory (or donut shop ). While this is very possible, I think it's more likely that somebody had the individual parts vac-plated after the fact then resealed the card. Either way, interesting piece, but to me it isn't worth the amounts it was getting to the first time around.
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.

Thumbs down Thats actually..

Thats actually quite Interesting.. 8260nicolas is bidding on the Chrome Destro
    http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=150102966560
    I'd actually LMAO if he bidded up the auction and then retracted his bids..
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebikerboy1
    just a thought.

I agree with you. Bordom = insanity.

A fried of mine deep fried a happymeal toy at a MC donalds dur to boredom.
    That beaniebaby was crunchewey

Someone already listed another custom that they made in the wake of all the controversy
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    Someone already listed another custom that they made in the wake of all the controversy
    link por favor?

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    link por favor?
    I'm assuming Patrick was talking about this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-DESTRO-MO...QQcmdZViewItem
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Quote Originally Posted by AlternateUniverse Steeler
    link por favor?
    I didn't want to "out" the new auction
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted