Silver Body Destro from Argentina on eBay? - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    wow this thing is almost up to $200 man someone is going to get hosed bad, honestly i dont even feel sorry for whoever gets stuck with it

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This do look to be a fake, too many weird things like it was already well do***ented on this thread, but I wouldn't assume that the seller did it.
    It's possible that he got that from someone else as being real I don't know... of course stating in the auction that is a factory error without being sure is wrong.
    Anyway I'm really not that worried about that. If I see an item that just doesn't look right to me I simply don't bid and if someone else wants to take the risk that's his problem.

Still, whoever wins the auction please scratch some chrome off the body so we can be sure

It's still a nice looking figure, but the price it has reached now it's just crazy! I think at this point people bidding on it are indeed thinking this is a real thing otherwise these prices wouldn't make any sense. It would be a nice item to have, but if I really wanted one badly I'd pick one of my Plastirama Destros and get him fully chromed, it would be way cheaper.

About the questions raised about Shimik I really don't can't spot any problems as you mentioned. It looks legit to me, or am I missing something?

I sent messages to some of the bidders on the item telling them to look at this thread. I don't think it's okay to scam people just because they don't do their homework. It is stupid not to research an expensive item but that doesn't give others the right to defraud them.
    Last edited by uterglue; 03-14-2007 at 10:25 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't understand why you are so suspicious about this variant?? Throughout my collectin experience I have seen similar variants that are not mentioned at yojoe

89 Snake Eyes with black swords on his chest
    86 Sgt Slaughter without moustache
    89 Payload with grey instead of blue parts

These are factory errors and CAN exist and people are not so EVIL!!!

Question True... but..

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Island_Survivor
    I don't understand why you are so suspicious about this variant?? Throughout my collectin experience I have seen similar variants that are not mentioned at yojoe

89 Snake Eyes with black swords on his chest
    86 Sgt Slaughter without moustache
    89 Payload with grey instead of blue parts

These are factory errors and CAN exist and people are not so EVIL!!!
    True but sellers are responsible for listing their items on ebay.. I made my judgements based on the photos provided by the seller.. I really don't think this is a Variant.. I just think the seller is an opportunist who has seen a desireable figure (in this case destro) and made a custom of him to deceive collectors out of cash.. thats my honest opinion.. like it.. maybe not .. but I'd like to hear your comments to back up the fact this IS a variant.. what about the bad paint job.. and what about the seperated torso in picture 4???
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcerFan
    True but sellers are responsible for listing their items on ebay.. I made my judgements based on the photos provided by the seller.. I really don't think this is a Variant.. I just think the seller is an opportunist who has seen a desireable figure (in this case destro) and made a custom of him to deceive collectors out of cash.. thats my honest opinion.. like it.. maybe not .. but I'd like to hear your comments to back up the fact this IS a variant.. what about the bad paint job.. and what about the seperated torso in picture 4???

Well the seller has 148 positive feedbacks (96.8% positive) and he is selling other international variants too and from the prices they have reached it's obvious that ebayers trust him. He has also provided detailed photos and I personally don't see any abnormalities on the figure. I am no expert but this variant CAN exist cause as I have said I have seen other similar ones.

My humble opininion is that people in this forum are just exorcising a one of a kind rarity as we all now that only one lucky collector will own it at the end!

i have to beleive that when the top names in joes come out against a figure like this, people who study day in and day out of the workings of the factories, that they do know what they are talking about, if its a unanamous fake by all 5 then the odds are prenty dang good its a fake, much less why would there be paint wear and torso lifting in a factory sealed figure, i dont care what country its coming from that wouldnt happen, he may have had a better chance if it wasnt carded

Thumbs down well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Island_Survivor
    Well the seller has 148 positive feedbacks (96.8% positive) and he is selling other international variants too and from the prices they have reached it's obvious that ebayers trust him. He has also provided detailed photos and I personally don't see any abnormalities on the figure. I am no expert but this variant CAN exist cause as I have said I have seen other similar ones.

My humble opininion is that people in this forum are just exorcising a one of a kind rarity as we all now that only one lucky collector will own it at the end!
    So you think 96.8% is actually a good rating? That worries me.. also.. he's actually had 2 Negatives in the last month,.. both for items he's selling not being as described.. its a crime he's allowed to carry on selling this item.. its even more a crime other people don't think there is anything wrong with it... and further to add I couldn't care less for the Argentinian Figures.. I don't collect straight arms.. and I aint that keen on the figure if truth be told.. so your argument of me or others being jealous doesn't hold much water..
    My point is that someone will pay close to $200 because the seller is selling a fake.. this item doesnt exist in Plastirama's catalogue of produced figures.. and furthermore this will be confirmed when the winning bidder receives his resealed customed figure.
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Originally Posted by RedClaw
    It's a fake/custom. Without a doubt.

No harm in it being sold, and if someone fails to do their homework and thinks it to be something super-de-duper rare, well, that's life.

I find this statement a little odd coming from admin. Don't you realize it's wrong to state something is what it isn't and sell it that way. It's complete and utter fraud if you ask me.
    i really have to agree here- "buyer beware" or not, seems a very odd statement from an admin.

not very nice. also basically saying fraud is ok if you get away with it, buyer is just dumb and so deserves to be robbed?? you almost side with the seller here.

by that logic everyone i can physically overpower doesnt deserve to have anything i feel like taking from them

doesnt seem right at all.......

is it ok for me to sell my homemade PDD as authentic as long as i dont get caught?

PS-
    I don't know any collector who would make a large purchase on such a startling item without doing their research first. As I said before, buyer beware.
    i've been fairly amazed at how many high price items i've sold to people who had NO IDEA about yojoe.com.

there is NOTHING that makes someone "deserving" of being ripped off and lied to
    Last edited by thorn; 03-15-2007 at 01:45 PM.
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

I don't think it matters if it's real or not. If it makes the buyer happy more power to him. Like stated in the last post on the first page from the collector in argentina, things like this could happen all the time down there, and furthermore our knowledge of varients grows everyday. Thats why there is a variants thread that gets hits and posts every day, so we maybe should not be so quick to judge.

Oh, but I also think it's a fake. I just can't prove it, all I can do is not bid.