What does MIB/MISB mean? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy28
    There was one pic stright on from the front and I asked the lady about it before buying and she said it was MISB, so I bought it. And then when it came in and I asked her about it, she said she had no way of knowing what the condition of the sealed toy was. Well seeing as the box is in very good condition besides having the flag points cut out, but I could see the zip lock logo on the bag inside though the hole the points left, I found that hard to believe. And that box is a glued box, both sides of this one were taped. I believe I was mislead and therefore complained.

And on this MIB/MISB, I did find two sellers on ebay last night that understand the concept. A Smasher and IMP both with beat up boxes that are opened, but the bags sealed defined as MIB! As I don't keep boxes, they just take up space, I got some really good deals on those two.

For you guys, does MIB or MISB carry any suggested meaning for the box itself?

that definitily seems misleading for sure

for me an item isnt complete unless it has its box, so mib is misb is very important, but personally i dont want anything sealed, i have a wharthog sealed and its the only thing in my collection, everything else is mint complete but i know there are a ton of people that only want them sealed

i just think deffierent collectors have different meanings and interpretations

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

like i said i view the pictures

i dont collect moc items, but to be moc and misb would be the same thing

and mib would be the same as 100% w/ fullback file card

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk7
    like i said i view the pictures

i dont collect moc items, but to be moc and misb would be the same thing

and mib would be the same as 100% w/ fullback file card

But would a opened figure be considered mint? I would think the only way a figure could be considered mint is if it had never moved inside the packageing after leaving the factory. Even one little paint rub and it's not "mint."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

this is just my opinion when i buy joes

and i only sell stuff i dont want anymore

i figure someting to be mint if its been opened and in perfect condition

to say it cant be mint if its unopened seems unfair to me, i know this is a stretch but you you open a pack of baseball card and get one graded they call them gem mint or whatever the case its been opened and handled, same for joes afa calls them mint or near mint or whatever they case, i truely belive just because its been opened that that doesnt make it unmint, in most cases they have probably been played with or whatever which would make them unmint, but i know for a fact ive bought a few moc items and opened them and i guarantee they are in perfect condition

i dont really understand why once its been opened it makes something unmint, everything has been handled and moved around before packaging them anyways

just my 2 censt

I definitly dont agree that mint in the box should mean the its still sealed but just the box is open, to me that seems odd, how many people honestly open the box just to see whats in it then sit it on a shelf for 20 years, if you were gonna do that you would leave it unopened, but we all know hasbro glue sucks half the time, and things come unglued thats probably why people say misb with one side open for me who knows who cares, i read the description and veiw the pics and that all i can go by
    Actually, there are a fair amount of vehicles out there that do not have sealed outer boxes, but have all of the components inside unused, and thise that should be sealed in baggies. it's not just a matter of someone opening the box, looking inside, and not assembling it for years, although this does happen. Quite often, the tape or glue that originally sealed the box will lose its adhesive property with age, making the box pop open. I have multiple vehicles like this.

i figure someting to be mint if its been opened and in perfect condition

to say it cant be mint if its unopened seems unfair to me, i know this is a stretch but you you open a pack of baseball card and get one graded they call them gem mint or whatever the case its been opened and handled, same for joes afa calls them mint or near mint or whatever they case, i truely belive just because its been opened that that doesnt make it unmint, in most cases they have probably been played with or whatever which would make them unmint, but i know for a fact ive bought a few moc items and opened them and i guarantee they are in perfect condition

i dont really understand why once its been opened it makes something unmint, everything has been handled and moved around before packaging them anyways

just my 2 censt
    I agree, that there are certainly things that can be considered mint once they have been opened, but they can be tough to find, and I think the term 'mint' is overused to describe items that would be considered to be in excellent condition, but not quite perfect. As I said before, you could have a figure that's totally unopened, but the bubble falls off of the card. So, here you have a totally unsued figure, the joints have never been mved or anything. Still it may not necessarily be mint. A part of the figure could have a paint scuff from moving around in the bubble, for example, or there could have been a paint flaw at the factory. I've seen MOC figures that have the tiny cracks at their elbow joints (I think the plastic used for some figures tends to shrink more with age, and crack). Figures (and vehicles) can certainly be loose, mint, it's just tough, as not all brand-new figures even leave the factory in mint condition.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

I am just curious dfunk about one thing you say moc and misb is the same. Why not mosc meaning mint on sealed card ? Like I have said before I grew up on mosc/misb term not being used as much but mib and moc meaning sealed and misb/mosc was used mainly to assure you of it being sealed but you see it more and more nowadays. I don't want you taking that wrong since a lot of people are cocky on here but curious. For me I have my own meanings just from collecting a long time and I learned from cotswolds and also toyshop as to what meanings I went by since they would always explain what they meant and show there abreviations in there magazines. I know for one thing and I do the same if you stick it in the title multiple ways more people will see it. Like if I have a moc item I may list it as mib also so it captures more of a market.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

i agree with you completely

im just generalizing how the ebay terms are going these days, pople just dont seem to use mosc for mint on sealed card anymore, ive seen it but it just doesnt pop up much

most ebayers say mib means mint or great shape w/ box as opposed to misb

as far as moc items go there is no grey area either its moc or its not