What does MIB/MISB mean?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What does MIB/MISB mean?

Ok, I really know what they mean, but do people that sale on ebay know? I don't think they do. To me MIB means that the thing is still in unopened bags in a really nice box. And MISB, well you should know.

I bought a MISB Pogo a week ago and got it yesterday and was astounded when it was put together in a zip lock bag inside a C-6 at best box with the flag points cut out and both ends sealed with regular tape. I asked this woman before I bought it about the condition to confirm it was MISB, she confirmed it was. And the picture was on the auction was just the very front, well that looked good and going off what she told me I bought it for $15. When I emailed her to ask her WTF, she said there was no way for her to know. WTF do you mean there's no way for you to know? Well I got a full refund and she just told me to keep it. Ok, I'll keep it.

But I've seen other auctions on ebay that are listed as MIB and the thing is put together and just comes with the box. To me that's not MIB. Is it just me on this?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ive seen so few gi joe items described as MIB,that have contents sealed,that I just consider MIB to be an item that includes the box.

MIB - Mint In Box ( so that means it could or could not be sealed, it's just in mint condition , inside the original box)

MISB- Mint In Sealed Box (self-explanitory)

MOSC- Mint On Sealed Card

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the ones that say MISB,only one side has been opened to check for contents

I have seen many people (especially on ebay) describe items as MISB , and yet when I get the item , they obviously have been opened; and in many case the items even clipped off the plastic trees. People use those descriptions to their advantage. I only consider an item MISB if it still has the factore tape on it (although opened for examination of contents on one side) and the items are completely sealed in the plastic bags. I have only encounter 3 factory sealed items that I purchased from ebay. A Thundermachine, a Warthog and a Thunderclap. I still have these.
    Last edited by joebahama; 04-12-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave Viper
    MIB - Mint In Box ( so that means it could or could not be sealed, it's just in mint condition , inside the original box)
    not just in mint ocndition inside the box, but the items are still sealed in their original packaging, bags inside the box, and only the box has been open, but not the contents.

any deviation from this is a dishonest seller.

That's why I'm a loose Collector.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr
    not just in mint ocndition inside the box, but the items are still sealed in their original packaging, bags inside the box, and only the box has been open, but not the contents.

any deviation from this is a dishonest seller.
    Well that sounds more like Mint In Sealed Bag with a box, to me. I don't believe a seller is dishonest if they use MIB in their auction. As long as the toy is mint and it's in the box

I believe the reason we add "Sealed" to anything is for one reason, the item has never been opened. Personally If I'm buying a MISB item, I would rather have the item in the sealed bag with the box open just to make sure all the parts are there. I would hate to spend hundereds of dollars on a toy that's sealed and then find out that there was a factory error years ago and this particular piece is only half a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave Viper
    That's why I'm a loose Collector.
    Me too. I gave up on MIB and MISB a LONG TIME AGO!
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

This confusion of terms recently got me too when I won an auction of MOC Joes and a friend suggested they weren't sealed, which they ended up being, but I was indeed worried for a time.

I actually feel that pesky "S" is newer than MIB & MOC. I honestly don't remember MOSC & MISB being around prior to eBay. A search of GI Joe items suggests MIB is the more popular term for sealed items too. Urbandictionary agrees MIB = sealed.

Making a distinction between the two forms makes me think: What if I take a "MIB" figure out? Is it now MOB? Or how about under the box? MUB? What if I glue a figure to the corner of the box? What if a different figure is placed in the box? The "mint" item has no description of whose box we're using.

I just wish there were (still) only "MIB"/"MOC" and "loose". As I suggest above, a loose figure with a box could obviously be in any position relative to some box.

Since there isn't a consensus, and probably never will be, I suggest reading those descriptions closely.