What do you think would make GI Joe competitive? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A really big blockbuster movie by Jerry Bruckheimer with some quality actors and big budget special effects. The script has to be done well also to avoid putting the joes as special forces set in today's world politics. They more or less have to exist in a spectrum of good versus evil and avoid and terrorism or other current issues. I don't know how that will be done. Maybe in the way 007 fought Spectre in the 60s and 70s. After that a really well designed video game like one of the Medal of Honor, Tom Clancy series or Halo type games but with a degree of originality to warrant buying it. Then these can correlate with the action figure market and renew some interest in joe. Otherwise , this downward spiral will continue. IMO

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think if someone that works for Hasbro read the posts on this site it would be a step in the right direction

A video game based on "Brothers in arms" would be awesome. Choose your character, based on their skills, command the others. Urban, Jungle and Desert theaters. lots of free play like "GTA" Maybe you could replay some of the more interesting campaings from the comics. Issue #1 from the marvel run would be a great starting point.

After re-reading G.I.Joe Declassified for the umpteenth time, you could start with the original joe's. unlock more characters as you go.

A movie would be great, But Hollywood would screw it up.

But really are any action figue lines doing that well?
    C. M.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How bout packaging the Gi Joes so you couldnt actually see what figure version your getting.And making rare(only 100 made) figures that you might get in the package.For example,you buy the new Snake Eyes figure and you might get the all white version which goes for $1000!Kind of like the way they do with baseball cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraghostship
    How bout packaging the Gi Joes so you couldnt actually see what figure version your getting.And making rare(only 100 made) figures that you might get in the package.For example,you buy the new Snake Eyes figure and you might get the all white version which goes for $1000!Kind of like the way they do with baseball cards.
    To me, that is a BRILLIANT idea!!! Let's just keep Beckett out of GI JOE and we can keep this a fan hobby (though I did like the Beckett price guide for GI Joe).

Another thing I always thought would be fun would be to do a miniatures game sort of like Heroclix, DnD, star wars, etc. I am a military wargamer and have tried to do something with GI Joe- the problem is trying to fit the vehicles on the battlefield. I could always just do a infantry fight though.

Some of the problems I could see with that idea would be getting into collectibility levels- if you can't see what you are getting, you run the risk of getting a dozen Roadblocks, link talbot's ,etc.

Great idea though!!
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Thanks!I dont know if they still have or use flag points but they could bring those back again and have some mail away stuff.

1. Video Game. - Like GTA in the jungle, streets, and on cobra island.

2. Push the comics

3. A better saturday morning cartoon.

4. RAH style sculpts. - Less detail on the figures (80's style), more detail on the weapons and accessories. NO stupid launching projectiles or weapons trees with one cool gun and a load of stuff you'll never use.

5. Kiss Wal-Marts butt and maybe they will carry your product?

6. Utilize the aspects of the brand that made it successful in the first place, and equal mix of military, and adventure, with a pinch of sci-fi.

7. A much needed set of core and secondary charicters. With star wars, fans buy a new Vader every year because he's mixed in with 80 other awesome figures. With GI Joe, Hasbro thinks fans need a Duke for every 5 figures they make.

GI Joe has been a great brand but I don't think it could ever be as big as Star Wars or Transformaers just because there is more interest in in the latter 2. The overall concepts appeal to more people and thus they make more money. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Joe fan and don't care at all about Transformers and care very little about SW. I do respect how far reaching their fan bases are though.

Talking

here's my idea I think hasbro could do like they did in the 80's with sgt.slaughter and the fridge but use some current action stars or athletes as mail ins. If hasbro did vehicles how about the do them like there every day vehicle wiht hidden weapons or something.
    The best idea is to try to get a everyday cartoon baxck on the air and push the cartoon and toy like they did in the 80's and ninties.
    check my want
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/34774...ure-parts.html
    read my fan fiction in the fan creativity section
    please visit http://jimmyz.myminicity.com/ and my website http://jmsberetta.webs.com