Official - Look at what I just got or have thread pt 2 - Page 106

yojoe.com

Page 106 of 315 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3141
    Last night my wife went to a yard sale/ fundraiser for "Mothers of Multiples"- a nonprofit which has a massive sale to raise money for needy women who are mothers of twins, triplets, etc.

She calls me "Hey, I found a bag of Joe Figures for 50 cents- five guys in there. I don't know who they are but I know they are Joes. One of the guys has a beard and the other is a COBRA cause he's in a blue suit. " I told her for 50 cents you can't go wrong.

So, she brings the bag home and inside are:

1 Clutch v1.5
    2 Hiss Tank Drivers v1- one has an intact chest emblem
    1 Cobra Trooper v 1.5
    1 Crimson Guard v1

all these figures were tight, strong joints, etc- no weapons or accessories- she did good!!
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I won a moc red Slice for 10$ total. I like this ninja best of that era.
    "A gem of that size answers all my questions" - Zartan

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.

I got all these parts for 5.00

I went to my local comics store today, and they got a new box of scrap gi joe. I asked if i could buy the whole box of parts they had- they said no, but i could dig through it. I got all these parts i was after for 5.00.
    when he told me he only wanted 5.00, i said they were worth more, and offered 20.00, but he said "no, I said 5.00", so thats what he charged me. sweet, I would have given more than that for the ice viper sias, or the skystriker landing gear cover.
    unfortunately, most of this just completes 2nd or 3rds, but the royal guard guns and ice viper sias were on my want list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0627.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	4573  
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    all these figures were tight, strong joints, etc- no weapons or accessories- she did good!!

I'd say, .50 cents is an awesome deal. you can't really get an incomplete crimson guard or soldier around here for less than 5.00

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

That's good for 5 bucks lol. I got a moc cobra viper 3 pack from 1998 for 18 bucks total. 6 bucks a viper is not bad.

wow, I've seen those go for more than that loose. 18 bucks is a great deal.

Yeah scouring and waiting for the right deals is a science lol

So, after having been away from the joe world for quite some time (read 2 years +), I arrived at my parents' house for a visit this weekend to a nice surprise. A friend of my mom's had been visiting and seen my collection (it's still at my folks house, since I don't have room for it at mine) she dropped off a "G.I. Joe thing" for me. Apparently, her kids (who are grown at this point) had no desire to keep it, so she brought it over for me.

Much to my surprise, I opened to the box to a 99% complete Terrordrome! It was pretty dusty and only missing one chair and another small piece, but otherwise in great shape. Needless to say, it was like Christmas a few months late and led to me rearranging my "joe closet" and getting organized again. And now I've found my way back to the YoJoe boards.

Anyway, just wanted to share.
    Sorry, I blacked out there for a minute. What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by AMulls
    So, after having been away from the joe world for quite some time (read 2 years +), I arrived at my parents' house for a visit this weekend to a nice surprise. A friend of my mom's had been visiting and seen my collection (it's still at my folks house, since I don't have room for it at mine) she dropped off a "G.I. Joe thing" for me. Apparently, her kids (who are grown at this point) had no desire to keep it, so she brought it over for me.

Much to my surprise, I opened to the box to a 99% complete Terrordrome! It was pretty dusty and only missing one chair and another small piece, but otherwise in great shape. Needless to say, it was like Christmas a few months late and led to me rearranging my "joe closet" and getting organized again. And now I've found my way back to the YoJoe boards.

Anyway, just wanted to share.
    That's awesome dude! Congrats!

lucky lucky you...

im currently in a fix if im going to purchase a boxed Phantom X-19 (stealth fighter with Ghostrider). I guess the price is too steep (about 73$ at current conversion) which is reason enough for me to think twice.

Still, there are the motorized thingees (carded, though the cards are already mutilated) im targetting. im still in a fix of getting the four 25th anniv. Joes. (anyone help that will make me me make up my mind, is welcome).

right now the gem of my snake eyes collection is ver.36., complete with timber and the filecard. Got it this weekend, displayed in a shop which looks more like a travel agency than a toyshop wehehe.. it costed me about 8$ (stil at conversion rates) but surprisingly cheap considering the actual rates of singles being sold here in the Philippines.