Arashikage Showdown

yojoe.com

Arashikage Showdown

What are everyones thoughts on the canonicity of Arashikage Showdown? Also, how much does it cost on average and is it worth getting?
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It is simply a beautiful manga style comic.
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

Is was a really good read, and had a great manga-feel to it. The whole thing is done in black & white, and involved the usual suspects when it comes to Joe ninja combat action (Snakes, Stormy, Jinx, Scarlett, etc.).

As to canonicity - it reveals the origins of the Arashikage clan, formed as protectors of the Jewel of the Sun Goddess. Nothing in this back story goes against anything that has been revealed about the clan, but doesn't really tie in with it either.

While Hama delved into ninja mindsets and sort-of-but-not-really raising ninjas from the dead, this Blaylock-written book takes it much further into actual magic/telekinesis-type powers. Okay if you have an open mind, but hard for the military realist to swallow.

I thought it was pretty cool, and if you are annoyed by the lack of realism, you could chalk it up to ninja hypnotism, as even the players themselves are unsure of exactly what happens by the end.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I found it more to be goofy fun. I don't remember any conflicts with the main Joe stuff, but if there were I would take the comic version of facts over anything that happened in 'Showdown. I believe it was 11 bucks, and I would be suprised if a comic store charged more than cover price on it.