'To The Rescue' and 'Stars and Stripes Forever' poster questions

yojoe.com

'To The Rescue' and 'Stars and Stripes Forever' poster questions

Who all has these posters? Are they hard to find? I did a quick search on eBay and couldn't find any for sale. I've the Stars and Stripes Forever poster since I was a kid. Its been in a poster frame since I got it so its in great condition. I think I also had the 'To The Rescue', but I can't find it now. Here's what I'm talking about if you aren't sure:

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/posters...dstripes.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/posters/totherescue.shtml

If anyone has a good condition to 'To The Rescue' they are looking to get rid of, hit me up.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

These are hard to find, and I think Dan Moore can shed more light on them. I'd almost sell a kidney for that Stars & Stripes poster.

That stars and stripes poster would look great next to my framed micheal Beck posters. Well, RedClaw I see you Kidney and I raise you a left arm for the thing.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think I've seen them go for at least $30 each, but that could be way off in either direction. I know I've wanted them for a long time and I've never seen them at a price I liked when I would check ebay.

Are these the plastic posters? It seems I have/had both of these, but I seem to remember they were plastic. Of course, it could be other posters I'm thinking of, but I do know I had some plastic posters back in the day.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Cool

Yes, they are harder to find because they were both some of the earliest mail-away offers for GIJOE products. I have found that while they were printed on heavier paper than commercial posters these days, the quality was not that great because they also discolor to an off-white color on the edges easily.

They were never released in any fashion "in plastic." I have seen a few guys who had them laminated which may be what you are thinking of. Also, there were two Canadian posters that were released a year or two later that were in fact plastic, but that's not these posters. I have heard that sometimes Hasbro used these when they ran out of other things as replacements in the US but thats just what I have heard.

The est. of $30 for a poster is a good range. It depends on who is bidding as I have seen mint condition ones with no pinholes or tears go for a lot more. The great thing is that they really were great original artwork, so they look fabulous professionally matted and framed.

(btw, if anyone wants a poster from the 1987 comic images release, I have an extra I could get rid of if you'd make me an offer)
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

I was just thinking: if they still have these prints it would be a gangbusters promotion to kick off the 25th anniversary. I can't imagine many collectors who wouldn't pay maybe $9.99 + S&H for one of these. They could even reinstitute flag points and charge $4.99 + 20 flag points as a boone to all the dedicated collectors who've kept lots of their flag points for the past 15-20 years (like me)

do we know the artist of those two posters? also, is it the same artist that did the 1982 lunchbox? it looks very similar. http://www.yojoe.com/archive/lunchboxes/82lbox.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman2099
    do we know the artist of those two posters? also, is it the same artist that did the 1982 lunchbox? it looks very similar. http://www.yojoe.com/archive/lunchboxes/82lbox.shtml
    That does look similar... incredible art that I would love to see issued again as a promotion. I've always loved packaging and promotional art. I never had really seen that particular lunchbox before.

Quote Originally Posted by dreams deferred
    That does look similar... incredible art that I would love to see issued again as a promotion. I've always loved packaging and promotional art. I never had really seen that particular lunchbox before.
    hehe, i've had that lunchbox for as long as i can remember. it's got a few big dents in it though from where i hit an older kid in the head. He was trying to hit me, i was like 5 or 6 and taking up for myself :P go joe! :P