What are the best issues of the Marvel run?

yojoe.com

What are the best issues of the Marvel run?

What are the best issues of the Marvel run? And why?
    Last edited by Abomb; 05-07-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A lot of people like the silent issue (#21)

19 & 22: Deaths and burials of Flagg, Kwinn and Dr. Venom (plus death of Scar-Face)

43: Death of the Soft Master & Candy, apparent death of Billy plus LRRP story of Snake-Eyes, Stalker, Storm Shadow and Wade Collins

74-76: Cobra Civil War

109-113: Lots of Joe deaths

144: another Snake Eyes origin story

145: I like this issue because Rock & Roll and Stalker visit the dead Joe's graves in Arlington

152: story of G.I. Joe Colton

155: Last issue
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Well the whole thing!!!!

I'm particulary fond of the 'Special Missions' run as well............breaking it down to a select set of Joe's.........that really brought the line into a tighter focus.......
    Jill of all Trades, Mistress of None....
    I have many skills....
    You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!
    Don't make me use my magic on you!
    Non illigitamus carborundum

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My choice for the best stories are:

Issues 93-96, this shows Snake-Eyes unmasked and then goes into the Snake-Eyes Trilogy. I like how snakes gets his new costume from the 3 torture brothers.

Issues 116-118, The Destro Search And Destroy Trilogy. Here you see Zartan and Billy working with the Joes to help Destro, and you see that Destro and Zartan are less Terrorists than Cobra makes you believe. And I like the way Snakes and Stormy communicate with the names and phone calls. Then how Snakes-Eyes takes down the would be assassins. And finally I like how Destro averts demise by liquidating Cobra funds.
    Spirit: "When next we meet?"
    Stormie: "We meet as enemies!"

Quote Originally Posted by General Scarlett
    Well the whole thing!!!!

I'm particulary fond of the 'Special Missions' run as well............breaking it down to a select set of Joe's.........that really brought the line into a tighter focus.......
    Agreed.

My favorite is 22 or 23 the one with the burial in Arlington and the arrival of Duke. They are all fun but after 50-60, they start to get a little off....

Didn't mourn the loss of Candy- she was another one like Billy that I didn't care too much for.

Read 63 over the weekend and I gotta say that may be my favorite cover- the blues behind Scarlett and Snakes is really cool
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

IMO, #10 thru about #50 really is the peak of the marvel run, great character development and the team is still small enuff to feel like you know each joe almost pesonally. #11 through about # 27/28 is the best of the best.
    C. M.

My opinion... #21-76 once past the Cobra civil war, they tended to get a little lame.

My all time favorite run was 32-50... a lot of cool covers by Mike Zeck and it spanned a point in my life when I got an allowance every week, just enough to buy the comic and one figure. Haha

By the way here is my all time favorite thing about yojoe.com... http://yojoe.com/comics/joe/covergallery.shtml

Who ever set that page up is my hero.