changing out forearms

yojoe.com

changing out forearms

can some one tell me the best way to changeout the forearms without damaging the pins?
    thanks
    jason

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

vintage or current?

Vintage, there isn't.

Current, you can boil the figure and the vinyl becomes pliable enough you can pull them out.

On the vintage figures though, I've found that if you use a pin vise (hand held drill tool available at a hobby shop) you can drill out the pin and get it out with out damaging the arm. THe hard part is getting a new pin in there. You can make one using plastic styrene rod. The rivets for the arms are proprietary and only used in that factory in China (from which all figures of this type were made in the 70's and 80's.) The closest US sizes are either way too fat or way too long.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

thanks for the info.. i guess i will have to go with a complete arm swap if i can find a comparable arm set. i was going to try and change out the forearms on last valor venom single card snakeeyes i didnt know what with yet. i love the figure but his hands are just to small.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There is a way to swap out ARAH arms, if thats all you want to do.

Ive never tried it myself, so dont know how hard or easy it is, but its an option
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Quote Originally Posted by jjsvipers
    thanks for the info.. i guess i will have to go with a complete arm swap if i can find a comparable arm set. i was going to try and change out the forearms on last valor venom single card snakeeyes i didnt know what with yet. i love the figure but his hands are just to small.
    If its the newsculpt, as John says, just boil them in water (for approx. 30 secs) and you can pop the forearms out.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Thanks for that link to the joe customs site. That's an awesome and time consuming way to do the arms, but much better overall I would think.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.