Compatibility Inquiries - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I have never done anything more than frankenstein old RAH figures as a kid, but I want to customize my v2 25th SS into a Satan figure to lead my Red Ninja 25ths (when they come out). My question is what type of paint, brushes and tools do I need? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm really not a very good customizer, but I was wondering what other Joe scale toylines might have heads that pop off like the 25th anniversary Joes so I can do more head swaps. Do the Marvel superhero showdown figures have pop off heads that can fit on 25th figures. I know Cover Girl and Major Barrage have heads that pop off from the DTC line and can be made to fit on 25th figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    I have never done anything more than frankenstein old RAH figures as a kid, but I want to customize my v2 25th SS into a Satan figure to lead my Red Ninja 25ths (when they come out). My question is what type of paint, brushes and tools do I need? Thanks!
    I personally use Citadel paints for all my figures. Ive also used the occasional Testors Model Master Paint but not that often. Check your local comic shops or someplace that sells Warhammer items and they should have good paint selection there. As far as brushes go I use pretty much your basic brushs you can get from Michaels or any other hobby store. The only specialty brush I use is an 18/0 brush which is very small and use that for my eyes and small details. If you want to make a custom out of your v2 ss I would suggest disassebmling him as much as possible and they get yourself some white primer, below is a picture of what I use.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/101_4013.jpg

For the head I would just use some white paint to cover up the gray marks on the head and the repaint the head in red. After you have primed you figure you are ready to paint your figure. Once you are done painting I would also suggest putting a clear coat on the figure. ure and you have found some red paint your happy with let I would let the primer dry really good and then

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by freak4ll
    I'm really not a very good customizer, but I was wondering what other Joe scale toylines might have heads that pop off like the 25th anniversary Joes so I can do more head swaps. Do the Marvel superhero showdown figures have pop off heads that can fit on 25th figures. I know Cover Girl and Major Barrage have heads that pop off from the DTC line and can be made to fit on 25th figures.
    Yes, the Marvel Superhero figures do have heads that pop off.

Also, Star Wars figures can provide you with plenty of customizing options.

I saw an Obi Wan Kenobi that would make for an Awesome Rock and Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by carnage717
    I personally use Citadel paints for all my figures. Ive also used the occasional Testors Model Master Paint but not that often. Check your local comic shops or someplace that sells Warhammer items and they should have good paint selection there. As far as brushes go I use pretty much your basic brushs you can get from Michaels or any other hobby store. The only specialty brush I use is an 18/0 brush which is very small and use that for my eyes and small details. If you want to make a custom out of your v2 ss I would suggest disassebmling him as much as possible and they get yourself some white primer, below is a picture of what I use.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/101_4013.jpg

For the head I would just use some white paint to cover up the gray marks on the head and the repaint the head in red. After you have primed you figure you are ready to paint your figure. Once you are done painting I would also suggest putting a clear coat on the figure. ure and you have found some red paint your happy with let I would let the primer dry really good and then
    Thanks for the tips!

Heres a question...

...what does Kwinns head (preferably with out the collar) look like on Trackers torso?
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtattoo
    ...what does Kwinns head (preferably with out the collar) look like on Trackers torso?
    did you still need this?
    I have an action man from the NF 6-pack, and a Kwinn so I can try to see
    the compatibility & post later tonight
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

Question 25a <=> Arah

I really like the removable gear of the 25A figures

I am wondering if anybody has done like a Snake Eyes custom
    and used the 25A Single Pack gear on him?
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

I am looking to make some relatively cheap female Cobra troopers. Has anyone tried the DTC Cobra Trooper head on a Baroness V4?

Quote Originally Posted by The Faceless Master
    did you still need this?
    I have an action man from the NF 6-pack, and a Kwinn so I can try to see
    the compatibility & post later tonight
    I dont thanks Don.
    Just got a Kwinn fig, so Ive had a wee look for myself.

Gutted about the collar- I thought it would be fairly easy to remove- but it will need a fair bit of sculpey or a neck swap to work.

Someone else suggested using Backstop's head, and Im waiting to get one delivered and Ill see what thats like.

Are you still thinking of doing the same fig?
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."