Compatibility Inquiries - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Will Sky Dive's (Sky Patrol leader) helmet fit an Eco Warriors Flint head?
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ok, so I'd like to do a few figures in 25th Anniversary style. Any suggestions on which parts would be good for the following?

Repeater
    Heavy Metal/ Rumbler
    Lightfoot

Thanks

ROC Repeater

Hmm
    Repeater - Assuming you will use mostly ROC since they are abundant. Zartan head, or any dark haired head that Shockwave's hat would fit. Arms could be Sgt Stones or Gung Ho's(short rolled sleeves with gloves) vest would be Gung Hos. Chest needs to have a collared shirt so Zartan, Pit Commando, or Resolute Duke. Gung-HO's legs (pockets and boots). Waist will be tough if you try to have the pin hole attachment but personally I would give him a real MG like the SAW that comes with Gung-Ho. Tunnel Rat's pack.

If you are going ROC style you actually should go reactive armor, if you are painting him to be more classic, I think a modern desert or the multi-cam pattern would work.

Never paid much attention to Lightfoot and we got a perfect match for Heavy Metal with the new RHINO.
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cardensb
    Hmm
    Repeater - Assuming you will use mostly ROC since they are abundant. Zartan head, or any dark haired head that Shockwave's hat would fit. Arms could be Sgt Stones or Gung Ho's(short rolled sleeves with gloves) vest would be Gung Hos. Chest needs to have a collared shirt so Zartan, Pit Commando, or Resolute Duke. Gung-HO's legs (pockets and boots). Waist will be tough if you try to have the pin hole attachment but personally I would give him a real MG like the SAW that comes with Gung-Ho. Tunnel Rat's pack.

If you are going ROC style you actually should go reactive armor, if you are painting him to be more classic, I think a modern desert or the multi-cam pattern would work.
    Thanks for the detailed reply! Much appreciated!

I'm probably not going to go much into the "reactive impact armour" territory. I do like the look of uniform camo on figures like Sgt. Stone, Shipwreck, and the Pit Commando, but don't care for the colour.

For Repeater, I was thinking of this Indy figure's head:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...48&mode=retail

They have a few for $5 at a local mall shop, so I may grab them.

I was also thinking of using Thunderblast (the RoC Armadillo driver) as a base for the figure. He has fingerless gloves, a collared shirt and knee pads. Plus, I'm looking to get around 4 of the new Armadillo, so I'll have that body to spare!

Hopefully I'll figure out just how to get pics uploaded onto the new computer and show a test shot of the unpainted custom.

anyone know were I can get a 1/18th scale mummy and sarcophagus and a pith helmet

Quote Originally Posted by tanker11741
    anyone know were I can get a 1/18th scale mummy and sarcophagus and a pith helmet
    Were there toys for that last Mummy movie? That'd be a starting point. If not, there were some Burger King kids' meal "Universal Monsters" toys back in 2002 or so. I remember using the Werewolf's head and hands as a Shistavanen pilot for Star Wars. The Mummy from that should do, if you can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by tanker11741
    That realistic soldier line (extreme something or other) had a Vietnam era series released a few years back, which is where the awesome UH-1 came from. You could probably get a pith helmet from them, although you might have to dremel a head out of it.

Since it is the season, you might want to try a Halloween story for a decorative mummy. You might be able to find some desktop display with a decent one. Worse case, wrap a ruined figure or cheap line figure in medical tape then take a razor and careful cut lines into the "bandages" to give them the scaled width. Really narrow ribbon glued in place may work too.

sarcophagus - https://www.virtualkhan.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=542
    Google revealed that. I guess it really comes down to what civilization you are working in?
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

GI Joe Play Set, Star Wars, He Man, Transformers

I have a vacuum former and I am thinking of starting to produce play sets and other accessories. This is what I am capable of doing. The former heats up a sheet of plastic. I can form a sheet as large as 18 inches long and 22 inches wide. It can form as deep as 6 inches deep. The plastic will form to any mold i put in the former. It is fully automated and I can form hundreds an hour. I could make them for a reasonable price.

I was thinking of making building, headquarters, desert scense, ice scense. There are so many ideas. I can also produce stickers which would allow for different scense. I can also make accessories like chairs, computers, doors, bunkers, roads.

What would collectors like to see? Let me know if I didn't explain anything very well.

currently occupying an old opposum's tree burrow

25th anniversary "arms" question

ok, i have only swapped heads with 25th Anniversary figures. i've got absolutely no
    bodywork except for that. so i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible or
    a uncomplicated way of switching arms on a 25th style figure.

thanks

This should walk you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
    ok, i have only swapped heads with 25th Anniversary figures. i've got absolutely no
    bodywork except for that. so i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible or
    a uncomplicated way of switching arms on a 25th style figure.

thanks
    This is where my signature would be if I had something to say.