Compatibility Inquiries

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Compatibility Inquiries

Ever have an idea for a really awesome custom?
    So you purchase the body parts to make this perfect
    figure as well as purchasing the helmet, or visor etc

Only to find out that the helmet is too small, or the visor is too tight,
    or the neck joint is too big, or the arms look too awkward etc...

Before you dive into your customizing venture, you can post your question
    on this thread & one of the members of the Yojoe forum will be able to help
    you out!!
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Okay, I'll start us off. Is it possible to use Corps! parts to customize joes? for example will a corps head fit on a joe body or vise versa?
    C. M.

Quote Originally Posted by djett
    Okay, I'll start us off. Is it possible to use Corps! parts to customize joes? for example will a corps head fit on a joe body or vise versa?
    I'd say the O-ring Corps! figures are compatible. Their heads have ball joint necks, so they'd work best with ball-joint Joe torsos and vice versa. They're basically the same style
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Question Lifeline & scoop helmet compatibility

Does Scoop's green helmet with mic fit on Lifeline v5s head?

On the whole, yes- and there are actually some decent Corps that can look ok with (particularly ARAH) stuff.
    Often though, the Corps sculpts are less detailed and polished and can detract from a custom.
    Also- Patrick's right- its only really the O-ring Corps that are compatible- the others would require a fair bit of work to suit.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Quote Originally Posted by The Faceless Master
    Does Scoop's green helmet with mic fit on Lifeline v5s head?
    Yes. However, if you put the helmet on the head properly, the visor doesn't cover the eyes and you can still see his eyebows. You can still tilt the helmet forward so that the visor covers the eyes. It looks fine from the front, but of course, it looks weird from the other angles. The helmet is a nice fit, not too tight but not loose either
    Last edited by Patrick A. Riley; 06-15-2007 at 07:56 PM.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    --» Wanted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    Yes. However, if you put the helmet on the head properly, the visor doesn't cover the eyes and you can still see his eyebows. You can still tilt the helmet forward so that the visor covers the eyes. It looks fine from the front, but of course, it looks weird from the other angles. The helmet is a nice fit, not too tight but not loose either
    Thanks Patrick
    I've been thinking of a helmet to put on Lifline ver5
    so far only Grunt ver3's is what I am leaning towards

dude let me tell ya something right now....if it was not for O ring corp figures....i would not be into customising as i am today...as a kid i would swithch body parts or a reg basis....to create more mercenarys or dreadnoks,,,,i really hate the modern corp figures now peice of crappy plastic and a waste of .99 .....they suck pure and simple IN MY OPPINION their t crotch bodys and just the paint apps on them are hidious IN MY OPPINION ....lucky i can find the original ones at the flea market i go to....as thats my only alternave.....

so scout out flea markets, garage sales, toy shows,,,,your bound to find them cheap i've seen bags loaded with classics for 6 bucks and theres 20-30 in a bag from a local seller so i am sure theres others who do the same thing

Just a neck joint question here. Will Cutter V2's head fit in a V1 Mainframe body?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    Just a neck joint question here. Will Cutter V2's head fit in a V1 Mainframe body?
    Yes it will. It's a pretty nice fit with Cutter's long neck
    My G.I. Joe Store
    --» Wanted