GI Joes hiding Among Transformers

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GI Joes hiding Among Transformers

I don't know if this belongs in toys or has been talked about already. If either is true then move or delete this post as is appropriate.

So I went and saw Transformers last night - (NO PLOT SPOILERS ON MY PART - SO PLEASE RESPECT OTHER BOARD MEMBERS) -

BUT for those who are paying attention there are GI Joes hiding in the movie - Hasbro has a lot of product placement in there (note the GIANT my little pony) -

Anyways - for those paying attention - there is a skystriker silhouette hanging in the window of the main character early in the movie. That wings open shape is unmistakable.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

and right next to that Sky Striker looks to be a Sky Sweeper

And at the end the military guys are driving around in what are clearly modernized AWE Strikers.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I really noticed that jet. I couldn't help but wonder if it was intentionally placed there. The AWE Striker II, what I like to call it, was pretty cool.

In reading some news about the Botcon Transformers convetion last week, there was something about a G.I. Joe like jeep Transformer that Hasbro has plans for.

There is a Target store exclusive repaint of a past TF toy, named Hardtop, which is AWE Striker-like in appearance. It's got really nice, dark, military colors.

Well, I haven't seen the movie yet, but bear in mind that the US Army DOES use vehicles very similar to AWE Strikers and the Skystriker could have just been a model of an F-14...
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

I recall an early scene before the transformers landed on earth where an African American soldier was playing basketball and when he spoke, he rhymed... AKA Roadblock. Not sure which actor this was or if he had anymore lines in the movie. I suppose it could have been Tyrese, but I don't recall.

In my mind, I named the first 4 soldiers we see (When they're on the plane) Flint, Roadblock, Gung-Ho and Short fuse. Josh's character just seemed to have a humor that Duke doesn't (Not saying Duke doesn't have humor, just a different kind is all) so he became Flint

Didn't anyone else catch the name of the Colonel in the tower?

Colonel Sharp(e)

Crap...now I am going to have to buy the DVD.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    In my mind, I named the first 4 soldiers we see (When they're on the plane) Flint, Roadblock, Gung-Ho and Short fuse. Josh's character just seemed to have a humor that Duke doesn't (Not saying Duke doesn't have humor, just a different kind is all) so he became Flint
    Yeah I was imagining that the soldiers were actually Joes, too. Josh Duhamel's character was Falcon in my mind though. BTW I read somewheres that his character Captain Lennox actually first appeared in a GI Joe vs. Transformers comic. I don't know which GI Joe/Transformers story they were refering to though.