Hasbro Toy Shop GI Joe CLEARANCE - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilox
    I got 16 figures for around $32 shipped. I just got off there and some of the stuff is selling out quick!
    Med Alert was back in stock, but S.A.W. Vipers just went out of stock after I put two in my cart....

I wanted two Night Ops. Humvees but I'm shocked that just as I did with the 25% off and free shipping offer ---- I actually passed on getting anything.

I may regret it later, but I just want to save my money untill there's something that I want enough that I don't have to wait for it to be on clearance.

It's wonderful for all you guys getting super discounts, and I'm really happy - you guys deserve it. But, a word to all those buying things just because it's cheap. Do you really want to have $80 worth of stuff that may have been $160 worth of stuff before the clearance if ultimately it's just going to be an $80 pile of stuff you don't want a year from now?

And to speculators, one of the diseases of this hobby, you can take my word that most of these figures will go for just about the same price as a monkey face POTF Leia years from now.... that's not saying they're intrinsically worthless, just from a "imma sell teh hellz outta dez on ebay" standpoint they are.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here's Mine

So my wife was standing there when I got the e-mail from Hasbro. there has been a lot I have wanted but couldn't afford so we just never got much. She saw how excited I was and said have fun. At least I saved $458 dollars
    anyways. I spent $220 though, 54 of that in shipping I just had to have two ROCC's and three RHINO's anyways this has been an awesome day if you also stack up I found a guy who found some old Galoob WCW guys in his basement in prestine condition still MIP and sold them to me for $3. This days has friggin rocked . I will go back soon as I get some more put on my card. I wish they took paypal or something.

ttfndude

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    Reminds me of the 1997 Hasbro Direct Canada clearance...

John M>
    what was that all about?
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblayloxzuess3-16

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dreams deferred
    It's wonderful for all you guys getting super discounts, and I'm really happy - you guys deserve it. But, a word to all those buying things just because it's cheap. Do you really want to have $80 worth of stuff that may have been $160 worth of stuff before the clearance if ultimately it's just going to be an $80 pile of stuff you don't want a year from now?

And to speculators, one of the diseases of this hobby, you can take my word that most of these figures will go for just about the same price as a monkey face POTF Leia years from now.... that's not saying they're intrinsically worthless, just from a "imma sell teh hellz outta dez on ebay" standpoint they are.

I have been looking at some of the stuff I have and thinking things like:

"Should I open the Footloose, or keep him MOC? I have all of the DTC MOC but I really like his gear."

"I'm going to have to ration out my extra comic pack Scarlett heads so I don't run out for customs."

"I don't want to open my MOC Medi Vipers, but I could really use that head for a great RAH custom."

"Where the heck did that piece from my Night Ops Humvee go?"

With this sale all of my problems were solved. I debated on the vehicles, but decided that in the end I didn't really want them, even for extremely low prices. The stuff I bought was almost entirely for customs, which I will happily make (eventually) by ruining $1 and $2 figures instead of $4 and $5 figures.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

Quote Originally Posted by Blayloxzuess
    call up the 800 number and talk to them, e-mailing them doesn't get the same response. The number is 1-800-408-0052. I talked to Chuck, he was very helpful, but told me that they were making an exception for me. Hope that helps
    Unfortunately I didn't get the same treatment. For one thing the order was already invoiced, so there was nothing that could be done. I suppose if I were going to make any changes, I should have done it yesterday before the shipping process started. My fault for not getting around to it. So I didn't get the promo code and will have to order a RHINO separately if I want one of those. I would have only saved $10 anyway. Them's the breaks.

what was that all about?
    Missal, I'm surprised anyone else remembered the 1997 Hasbro Canada sale!

I got Skyhawks, SHARCS, Firebats and tons of Joes for like $1 a piece when Hasbro's Canadian wing had a big liquidation sale to clear out their mail-in backstock. I didn't even need to send in any Flag Points!

oh, I'm kinda mad about my order yesterday on HTS.com, I was going to get another Med Alert figure, but when I put him in my cart it said "out of stock" but now he's back in stock? That's weird.

Hey, if anyone is buying the comic pack with zartan in it for custom fodder or what not and would be interested in selling me the bow, arrow and sak lmk. Thanks Bill

Also, I wasn't able to get a Med Alert. If anyone got an extra they can trade, I'm up for it.

what was that all about?
    In 1997, Hasbro Direct out of Canada had a huge stock pile of Joe figures, mostly drivers, and a bunch of vehicles made in Brazil and since the Joe line was effectively cancelled, they cleared them out at rock bottom prices.

It was word of mouth since they really didn't have a good web presence at the time, so everyone on THE PIT list found out about it fast.

All figures were bagged, no file cards and no accessories, except for a few. All figures were $1.00 and vehicles were $3 to $5.00. Unlimited amounts. Prices dropped too.

Major Bludd (v1) w/gun and pack
    Cobra Commander Hooded w/ gun
    Cloudburst no acc
    Air Devil no acc
    Crankcase w/ gun and helmet
    Copperhead
    Nitro Viper no gun
    Ace v1 w/ helmet
    and a couple of others

The vehicles were
    Sharcs
    Firebats (this was fun to get 5 firebats all at once)
    PAC RAT 3 pack (all 3 for $3 a set)
    Sky Hawks
    ASPs
    Serpentor w/ Air Chariot (Made in Ireland)

There were more items, but 10 years later, this is all i can remember.

John M.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Thanks for the Code.. It came in handy on the Ten Hiss Tanks I bought.

It put me a little closer to taking pictures of my Cobra Army.

Paul

Wow, the 1997 Canadian Warehouse sale......

I spent over 500.00 then and got a box the size of a fridge in the mail with hundreds of figures and vehicles.

Keep in mind too that the Firebats they sent out were the variation bright red ones, and the Sky Hawks were different green.

Some of the figures even had slight variations too (weapons colors etc.)

What a great day that was

Anybody still have the printed out form for the ordering from back then? Id love to get a copy of it.