Starting Collection with Sears Missile Command How much is fair?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starting Collection with Sears Missile Command How much is fair?

Greetings! My name is Mike and I've just decided to start collecting Joes after hearing about the 25th anniversary line. I am pumped so I decided to start with the 1982 line and move from there. I wanted to start with the Sears Missile Command Set and I've been watching them on ebay (very few though). I saw someone use a BIN for a complete one of $500. I also was watching another one with unpunched pieces go for $535 but it didn't look like it had any figures. That seems awfully high for this rare piece. What does everyone think? Maybe I should start with the straight arms figures first. Here is the link to the auction I was watching. Thanks for your help. Am looking forward to all the fun collecting my childhood toys will be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320126641064

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome to the wonderful world of G. I. Joe. You have good tastes. The Cobra Missle Command is a really nice piece. It is also one of the most expensive pieces in the entire line. If you can afford it, then get it. Otherwise, I would start with the straight arms. That is what I did.
    Good Luck,
    Chris

I was watching that auction , but it went just too high especially considering it didnt come with the three figures .

If it did have them I wouldve been all over it as that set normally includes the micky mouse varient which im after ......
    " That american ninja ! He fights like a tiger !!"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

welcome to yojoe my friend may your stay be long and enjoyable
    Welcome to the Island! http://www.cobraisland.com

if you like a really poorly made cardboard piece of nothing for $500 or more go for it, if you ask me its a waste of money,

but it is considered a holy grail of collecting and if you plan to be a true collector it would be hard to stay away from it

they show up pretty regulary for such a rare item, not sure why, but they are around quit a bit, if i where you id probably start with some figures or something forst maybe some big lots and really see if this is something your sure about doing

believe me this is an expensive hobby and im sure everyone in here will attest to that

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk7
    if you like a really poorly made cardboard piece of nothing for $500 or more go for it, if you ask me its a waste of money,

but it is considered a holy grail of collecting and if you plan to be a true collector it would be hard to stay away from it

they show up pretty regulary for such a rare item, not sure why, but they are around quit a bit, if i where you id probably start with some figures or something forst maybe some big lots and really see if this is something your sure about doing

believe me this is an expensive hobby and im sure everyone in here will attest to that
    I agree, i may not go out and buy the big stuff like the Terror Dome and Missle Command, but even getting the rare Joes will hit ya after a while. i would be horrified to see how much i've spent on Joes since i started recollecting about 4 years ago.
    Last edited by dockingbay97; 06-20-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: edited for language

I just added it all up. $3,325 and counting (shockinly adds up quick). I started up 3 years ago. don't even have the flagg terror drome or missile command. my collection goes from 82 to 87. mostly complete figure wise. Just missing fc's and bp's and a few vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk7

Expensive is an understatement! I have spent, over the past 16 years, 10's of thousands! Be prepared, it is an addiction. I would not start with the Missile HQ, SA would be the way to go!
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

ive got complete straight arm figures if your interested

I have seen the Missile Command Headquarters sell for $400 to $500 without the figures. I have seen it sell for close to $1000 complete with the box. So those prices seem to be close to the current value.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/