Disappointed... - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed...

OK, so whom exactly will be in the 15? And could you be more specific than "female troop builder"?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cobra Officer (Female)
    Cobra Trooper (Female)
    Doc II (female)
    Sparks
    Rock and Roll
    Claymore
    Zap
    Flash
    Clutch
    Grunt

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/...07brochure.cfm

Rock N Roll!!

I don't know, a couple of those sound pretty good to me, but how much will they be on the secondary market? I've never bought any con figures because I assumed them to be prohibitively expensive.

-AK
    I haven't been around much because Facebook is such a time suck. So join me!
    http://www.facebook.com/ambrosekalifornia
    AMBROSEKALIFORNIA'S MOST WANTED
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69678

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your ability to wait out the hype determines the price. I got the 2003 convention set back in 2005 for about $100 (no box, bagged set) as well as the HISS II and some other goodies for what seemed to be a very fair price. Demand and the prices on these things jump up and down (at least since Operation Anaconda), so if you can be patient and wait it out a couple of years, you can save a few bucks.

Of course, you'll also be waiting two or so years.

It should be pointed out that it Lt. Claymore (Cobra agent in the cartoon) listed on MC, not Capt. Claymore (Brazilian SM).
    "JOIN COBRA! Our Uniforms are COOLER!"

MY G.I. JOE STORE, CHECK IT OUT!

My Home/Trade Pages!

Cool

See now, I had the opposite reaction to the master-collector announcement. I said, "this set sounds like it will be really cool!" I remember reading in various posts how people wanted female cobra troops and here you go. People requested a new Doc figure and well here you go. A Sparks figure there you go. And let's not forget that there are always the souvenir figures. I smell a Billy figure, a Shooter, maybe a Wraith. There seems to be a comic book theme running here.
    So....I for one am excited for September and can't wait to start seeing some pictures.
    But, that's just me.
    steve
    gnawgahyde
    "I am still alive! Crusher, I'm coming for you! I want my old life back. And will you leave Bacon alone?"

SECRET SANTA CHECK MY WANTS FOR MY WISH LIST!
    Always looking to buy, sell, trade: Please CHECK my want lists:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...ahyde%27s+list

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapiron-Scavanger
    It should be pointed out that it Lt. Claymore (Cobra agent in the cartoon) listed on MC, not Capt. Claymore (Brazilian SM).
    That sucks! Claymore was one of the few figures I planned on getting, but only if it was a v2 to the SMB Claymore, not if it another repaint of a cobra soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by gnawgahyde
    See now, I had the opposite reaction to the master-collector announcement. I said, "this set sounds like it will be really cool!" I remember reading in various posts how people wanted female cobra troops and here you go. People requested a new Doc figure and well here you go. A Sparks figure there you go. And let's not forget that there are always the souvenir figures.But, that's just me.
    steve
    gnawgahyde
    You can please some of the people all the time.....
    I agree, I quite like the idea of this set.
    ScrapIron- if what you say is true, Ill be a wee bit disappointed, as Id also like to see (the Joe) Claymore.
    Then again, itll be great to have another named Cobra officer.
    I think MC have really set out to please the fans with this set.
    How often has there been appeals for more female Cobras?
    Itll be interesting to see what sculpts theyll use for these.
    Ideally theyll create a newly tooled female torso.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtattoo
    ScrapIron- if what you say is true, Ill be a wee bit disappointed, as Id also like to see (the Joe) Claymore.
    Then again, itll be great to have another named Cobra officer.
    I tend to believe it is true. MC does not usually make mistakes on figure names, and the only Lt. Claymore known is a cobra officer:

I think MC have really set out to please the fans with this set.
    How often has there been appeals for more female Cobras?
    Itll be interesting to see what sculpts theyll use for these.
    Ideally theyll create a newly tooled female torso.
    I can't wait to see pics also. If they do go all out and give us some newly molded female parts, I will be all over this set. Heck this is the first MC set that has REALLY interested me sense Crimson Convention set. I think this will be big! Especially sense Hasbro has stated numereous times that they will not do female army builders, due to lack of interest.
    "JOIN COBRA! Our Uniforms are COOLER!"

MY G.I. JOE STORE, CHECK IT OUT!

My Home/Trade Pages!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gnawgahyde
    See now, I had the opposite reaction to the master-collector announcement. I said, "this set sounds like it will be really cool!" I remember reading in various posts how people wanted female cobra troops and here you go. People requested a new Doc figure and well here you go. A Sparks figure there you go. And let's not forget that there are always the souvenir figures. I smell a Billy figure, a Shooter, maybe a Wraith. There seems to be a comic book theme running here.
    So....I for one am excited for September and can't wait to start seeing some pictures.
    But, that's just me.
    steve
    gnawgahyde

You're right about that; we have asked for these figures many times before and now we are getting them all in one box!!!!