Disappointed... - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed...

To an extent, I have to agree. I kind of thought I was the only one. When I first read the brochure, I was a bit underwhelmed by the selection for this year's set. Looking forward to the Joes, and I remain hopeful for them, but I'm not to sure on the Cobra figures. I'm really, really hoping the "Cobra squad of shocktroopers" isn't all female. I have a bad feeling it is, but I'm not going to jump the gun until I actually see the pictures (which are truly well overdue!)
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Tanks for the memories.............arghhhh....put a Steeler and Hiss Driver two pack into this set please!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what everyone's so disappointed about. Until we see pics we've really have nothing to go on. I'm excited about winter Joes (who aren't exclusively winter characters) and female troopers, but if they look terrible oh well...
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DPrime
    I don't know what everyone's so disappointed about. Until we see pics we've really have nothing to go on. I'm excited about winter Joes (who aren't exclusively winter characters) and female troopers, but if they look terrible oh well...
    I really am waiting to judge until I see the pics. Winter Joes, especially since they are not all a generic torso, really doesn't bother me, although I totally understand (and agree, to some point) with the people that would rather see these characters in uniforms that aren't snow exclusive. We'll have to wait and see the pics on these. I will be disappointed if the female Cobra troops are the "troop builder" figures of this set, which I have a feeling they will be. Sure, I'd love a female Cobra trooper, just not a whole squad of them.

And to echo the above post, a Steeler/HISS Driver 2 pack (or in some other pack) really should be a "must" for this theme!

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    I really am waiting to judge until I see the pics. Winter Joes, especially since they are not all a generic torso, really doesn't bother me, although I totally understand (and agree, to some point) with the people that would rather see these characters in uniforms that aren't snow exclusive.
    That I don't understand either... other than Sparks and the female Doc, we already have these Joes in non-winter gear.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Sounds like a cool set to me. If the pics do it justice i will buy a set. I cant believe its all ready getting bashed sight unseen. Lets just give it a chance. I am all for equality in cobras troops bring the female cobra troops out! I have my own custom female troops i hope they will blend in well...

I'm shocked...

I thought it was going to be the price that got people in arms, not the figures.

I'll hold off until I see the pictures, but I'm more concerned about the price hike than what figures are in the set.

Anyone think the price high might deal with new molds being created and used for the set?

If that's the case, I can understand the rather big jump in price.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by GBPackRat
    I'm shocked...

I thought it was going to be the price that got people in arms, not the figures.

I'll hold off until I see the pictures, but I'm more concerned about the price hike than what figures are in the set.

Anyone think the price high might deal with new molds being created and used for the set?

If that's the case, I can understand the rather big jump in price.

Tanner
    I'm sure that will be the explanation. It may even be the whole story. But we were told the con set prices went up in 2004 because it was at Disney, but they never really did come back down after that. Not that I truly expected it too, once they got you paying the higher price, they're not gonna come back down, just like with gasoline. Now, I'm sure some sort of increase was necessary due to inflation/higher prices/etc., but if that's the story at least give us that as the excuse.

Personally I think female troops are long overdue and since female characters arent readily accepted at retail level the con set is a perfect venue for these.
    After attending a few conventions i get the feel that setting this up is a whole lot of hard work done by people who have a love for the hobby. Just from listening to Brian Savage a couple times you can understand all the decision making and "trades" that happen. hmm we want a new "x" but guess what that mold was destroyed so thats out but if we use this mold and that mold together we can make something similar.
    Now as for the price hike I see a lot of guest speakers this year. and last year Sgt. Slaughter was there. You have to remember that the price includes the whole package not just the convention set. That would incorporate the price of admission, the parachute figures for the drop, the "special vehicle" the dinner, guest speakers, and im sure a lot more im missing or forgetting to mention.

Either way these conventions are great. If they werent I doubt i would want to go back again this year. I would buy more if the prices were lower however, I never got any of those other convention exclusives just because of that reason.

Aren't the attending and non-attending convention sets priced the same? If that's so, your logic doesn't stand up. Why should I be paying more so we can have all these "extra" things at the convention when I won't be there. Why do non-attending members have to carry the same load as those going. We already miss out on the "extra" vehicle...

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    Now as for the price hike I see a lot of guest speakers this year. and last year Sgt. Slaughter was there. You have to remember that the price includes the whole package not just the convention set. That would incorporate the price of admission, the parachute figures for the drop, the "special vehicle" the dinner, guest speakers, and im sure a lot more im missing or forgetting to mention.
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !