Disappointed...

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed...

Disappointed...

You know...I just read the Convention flyer for the Atlanta show and I was disappointed in the set of 15 figures.

I think they had a real good chance to release something impressive, and from the sounds of it, we'll get 8 "female" troopers and some characters. I, for one, feel that the troop builder thing should have ended with Destro. The Destro set and the Crimson set were impressive...Dreadnoks and this one...not so much. I wasn't all that impressed with last years Troop builder set.

With the Anniversary, they had the chance to blow our minds, and unless the pictures say differently, I WILL skip this set. I might pick up individual Joe figures on the boards or ebay depending on price...but, this set doesn't do it for me and I haven't even seen pictures. I hope the vehicles are good, because I'm underwhelmed right now...

etmartin
    Check out my ebay auctions under the ID etmartin

Thanks,
    etmartin

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've learned not to get excited or be disappointed about new items until I see the pics. I will be disappointed if they use the old 82-83 body parts for the Joe originals in this set or the parts they used for them in the comic packs (from Roadblock, Hawk, Big Ben, etc.)
    Last edited by Patrick A. Riley; 06-22-2007 at 12:18 PM.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

troop builders are a necessity with these sets, as it allows them to reduce costs. if you think the sets are expensive now, imagine what it would be if you got 15 individual figures.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Huh...wha??

Troopers don't off-set costs, they meet collector demands, but don't average out the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    Huh...wha??

Troopers don't off-set costs, they meet collector demands, but don't average out the costs.
    huh, what...indeed. when you only have to set up one machine to make one product, that is cheaper than having to set up multiple machines to make multiple products. that is just a basic principle of manufacturing that is not isolated to collector products. it is relevent to any product that is manufactured.

in this case, it reduces costs and satisfies collector demand, but has nothing to do with whether the figures are troopers or individual characters. it is just as cheap to manufacture 100 Dukes as it is to manufacture 100 Cobra Soldiers. but it is more expensive to manufacture 50 Cobra Troopers, 15 Dukes, 15 Flints, 10 Flash's and 10 Stalkers.
    Last edited by gunslingercbr; 06-22-2007 at 12:59 PM.

I'd think that 15 individual figures would be more expensive because of tracking down molds and using a wider selection of paint.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguyswearblack9
    I'd think that 15 individual figures would be more expensive because of tracking down molds and using a wider selection of paint.
    and you would be correct.

army builders in these sets is a cost saving practice that also happens to satisfy army building preferences.

I actually would like to see them use some of the new sculpt designs that are more like RAH. I don't want new sculpt Flint to make a return showing, but some of the later new sculpts would be nice molds to use.

Deleted. Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Jay West; 06-22-2007 at 02:42 PM.

So if I am right, we are getting a brand new character - Doc II, the first figure for an established Joe - Sparks, the second version of Claymore, the sorta second version of Flash (unless you think astronaut when you think Flash) and the first ever female cobra troop builders. Everyone else has has at least 3 plus versions made, right? Well, it seems like it could be an awesome set.