Convention set comprised of 25th Ann. molds?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Convention set comprised of 25th Ann. molds?

I'm guessing no one really knows at this point, but are any of the molds in this year's convention box set going to be the new 25th Ann. molds? Maybe a combination if nothing else?

Living about 4 hours away, I was hoping this would be my first convention to attend...but just starting a new job I don't think that's going to happen now. So I was looking at getting the non-attendee set for the very first time...instead of buying loose figures off eBay.

I like the line-up of the cast included in this year's set, so the mold choice really doesn't matter to me that much...just curious. Maybe I can pry some info outta Brian Savage this week @ Botcon?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not sure because some of the characters in the set would be difficult to make from old sculpts.

I could swear that I read somewhere that MC said the set would still use the original style molds from the 80s/90s. There are plenty of molds out there to get creative with and make the figures they reported. Lets also not forget that they have created new head molds in the past for convention sets. I really like the 25A figures but I still want the convention figures to be classic sculpt.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I also want them to be old sculpt, but what would they use for Doc?

Quote Originally Posted by goodguyswearblack9
    I also want them to be old sculpt, but what would they use for Doc?
    Covergirl, Jinx, or Lady Jaye could all work, IMO. I am guessing that the female troopers will be Baroness torsos when I would REALLY like to see 82/83 troopers with female curves.

We'll see, though.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

I'm expecting the female COBRAs to be all-Baroness bodies in navy blue and black with new heads.

It's not comprised of 25th figure tooling.

I would imagine the sets will remain vintage, which is my vote anyway!
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

I love the vintage stuff. I understand why these items are using vintage sculpts - they are the sculpts that built the hobby. But I would love to see some of the better New Sculpts get thrown into the mix every now and again. Now before someone gets ready to shout blasphemy, I don't want the vintage to stop b/c I know they are popular. I just would like some new sculpt exclusives tossed into the mix.

I don't understand why this question seems to come up on a regular basis - I really doubt MC would have the time or opportunity to use these brand new molds right now... Not to mention there's no indication they would anyway, since they've always catered to either 12" or 3 3/4" fans. It's really the only opportunity for RAH collectors to get anything at all this year, or so it seems thus far. Not saying it won't happen at all - maybe there will be another exclusive figure (we are getting PDD after all), but certainly not a whole set.

I wouldn't have been surprised if they did an 8" S6 style figure. In fact, if they go with RAH looks for them, I'd want them to!
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.