Warhammer 40K/ G.I Joe conversions - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here are a few I am working on for Space Marines.

I also have Joes for Imperial Guard, put they are still being sculpted.

Nice job on yours, I may steal a few ideas, haha.

Last edited by Exz; 05-20-2008 at 09:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by AceXT
    Hello, this is my first post on yojoe.com. I have recently finished a G.I. Joe-themed Warhammer 40K conversion project and thought that someone on these forums might be interested. In case you are not familiar with 40K, it is a miniatures wargame using about 28mm tall pewter or plastic miniatures. All of the following minis have been converted from original 40K minis.

Hope you enjoy these images.

Very nice Duke, well-done!

But I'm afraid all your other images now have dead links. Any chance you could re-post those? I'm very interested in seeing what other characters you managed to pull off!
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

I can't seem to find the images right now, but when I do, I'll repost them.

I have Duke, Flint, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Roadblock, Lifeline, Law & Order, Stalker, Gung Ho, Cobra Commander, and a couple Cobra Troopers, all built from various 40K minis.

EDIT: Done. Check the first page.
    Last edited by AceXT; 05-18-2009 at 02:11 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Awesome work! I don't know why, but I like Gungho the best. Captures the spirit of the character really well.
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by AceXT
    I can't seem to find the images right now, but when I do, I'll repost them.

I have Duke, Flint, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Roadblock, Lifeline, Law & Order, Stalker, Gung Ho, Cobra Commander, and a couple Cobra Troopers, all built from various 40K minis.

EDIT: Done. Check the first page.
    Thanks! You've done an AMAZING job on those! The likenesses are just spot on!

In fact, there's only 1 thing I see that's missing: Timber. Snake-Eyes needs his faithful companion! Citadel Miniatures clearly makes wolves, or wolf-like creatures, you've proven that by using such a miniature in realizing Law & Order! Now, you just need one painted up to look like an actual wolf, to serve as Timber, and you'll be all set!
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

Thank you. I could of course make Timber out of another giant wolf, but I figured one canine in the squad was enough. Also, I didn't want to infringe on Law & Order's schtick.

What I really wanted to add was Storm Shadow, Firefly and Beach Head, but I could never find useable ninja figures or masked heads.