Convention Set: Pictures - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Doc is the only figure I really want so far
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    Doc is the only figure I really want so far
    I agree...and CLUTCH is very cool!
    Last edited by neapolitan joe; 07-14-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

Isn't Carla Greer the name of a black femal scientist from the original cartoon? I seem to recall the episode at the North Pole where the Baroness sabatoges the joes Snow Cats by using that identity. Anyone else remember this?
    Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
    Always on the hunt for international joes, esp early Funskool and (joe)Action Force Stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joehunter
    Isn't Carla Greer the name of a black femal scientist from the original cartoon? I seem to recall the episode at the North Pole where the Baroness sabatoges the joes Snow Cats by using that identity. Anyone else remember this?
    Good memory except for the name. That was Dr. Entwhistle from the epidsode "Haul Down the Heavens."

Carla Greer probably sounds familiar because it resembles her father's name, Carl Greer.

That's two in a row I like!

Clutch is very nice
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by goodguyswearblack9
    I don't know why there is such a negative reaction; we've had far worse female figures before.
    But the other female characters actually looked like females. This one has a cool looking head, but totally doesn't go with the rest of the figure. You could swap heads with a Roadblock or a Doc or any other black guy and the figure would look completely natural as a guy. The body is too bulky to be a woman....and those HANDS.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    But the other female characters actually looked like females. This one has a cool looking head, but totally doesn't go with the rest of the figure. You could swap heads with a Roadblock or a Doc or any other black guy and the figure would look completely natural as a guy. The body is too bulky to be a woman....and those HANDS.
    You're right of course, I'm just saying that some of the female figures from the last 5 years had worse sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguyswearblack9
    You're right of course, I'm just saying that some of the female figures from the last 5 years had worse sculpts.
    ah, ok. I don't collect the more recent stuff so I wouldn't know.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

The old Lady Jaye mold, in my view, is the worst female mold ever in the Joe line. Way too manly, the new sculpt females - had their issues too, but were at least feminine.

By the looks of Clutch's FC we may be getting a revamped VAMP
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors