Convention Set: Pictures - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    edit edit edit
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by toy-nutz
    The character is based on the black Cobra trooper. He is going to be called Lt. Clay Moore, due to legal reasons and such with Hasbro. Eitherway I like the idea of doing a nice homage to the toon! Cannot wait to see what headsculpt he will get!

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    All Hail DOB!!
    The convention brochure lists him as a Joe under the name Lt Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadman
    Okay, first of all, I agree that these figures look great so far. I can't wait to see the rest of the set! I also hope that they are available in blue at some point.

One point though - I would rather they had a more utilitarian military uniform look than the corset-style lace-up tunic. They are supposed to be female Cobra troopers, not the Cobra Sexy Vixen Squad!
    I absolutely LOVE the corset style uniform-SMOKING HOT

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It looks to me Flash may be using the 1994 Star Brigade Duke and the COBRA Trooper in the middle will be using the Dial-Tone v1 torso and Shock Viper's lower half.
    You can create anything if you use your imagination...it has no limits.

I am the Asian Sensation of Innovation!

Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    I absolutely LOVE the corset style uniform-SMOKING HOT

I'm glad that somebody has finally made decent looking female figures, and these are way better than only getting female troops in blueshirt uniforms.

That female Cobra Officer is

I really like this set. I might have to drop down some cash on these.
    "Anyone can use a weapon. But the ninja IS a weapon." - Storm Shadow

Nice, but I'm going to wait to see the other figures before I decide.

Gotta admit, I was hoping for blue as well, though.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    This actually brings up a question I have had. What is the relationship with MC and Hasbo. Are these essentially exclusive Joe toys just like any Joe exclusive at retailer? I am curious about the behind scene arrangements. Like say if Target were to get some exclusive 25th sculpt would the relationship be essentially the same as MC's Joe toys?
    Not really. As the Club pays for the remolds/new molds they own them. So the Stun Hubcaps and flags, all the heads they have done (Iron Grenaiders, Sgt. Slaughters, the Marauders, Chuckles, Shipwrecks, ect) are the Clubs and Hasbro would need to pay to use them. But the Club cannot just go and make anything they want, everything has to be approved by Hasbro every step of the way. Which is why it takes a while to show stuff. Also the Club pays for the production of the exclusives themselves, choosing their own factory and such. Also the Club pretty much gets copyright credit for all the characters it creates and Hasbro is good about not using them without permission.

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    All Hail DOB!!
    ALL HAIL DOB!!
    http://www.joelanta.com/dob.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    The convention brochure lists him as a Joe under the name Lt Claymore
    Well it appears that he is listed as a Joe but he is just listed after all the other Joes, he is the first Cobra listed. Also Lanny and David have confirmed it is Lt. Clay Moore Shock Viper Commander, based on Lt. Claymore from the toon episode "The Traitor". So several of us are speculating if we may see a Dusty as a Cobra Trooper as a bonus figure!!

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    All Hail DOB!!
    ALL HAIL DOB!!
    http://www.joelanta.com/dob.html

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by toy-nutz
    Not really. As the Club pays for the remolds/new molds they own them. So the Stun Hubcaps and flags, all the heads they have done (Iron Grenaiders, Sgt. Slaughters, the Marauders, Chuckles, Shipwrecks, ect) are the Clubs and Hasbro would need to pay to use them. But the Club cannot just go and make anything they want, everything has to be approved by Hasbro every step of the way. Which is why it takes a while to show stuff. Also the Club pays for the production of the exclusives themselves, choosing their own factory and such. Also the Club pretty much gets copyright credit for all the characters it creates and Hasbro is good about not using them without permission.

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    All Hail DOB!!
    So based on that, could one assume the chances of Hasbro capitalizing on the female trooper and her spiffy new parts with a repaint at retail are slim?
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS