Convention Set: Pictures - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    So far I like this set, unfortunately the pricing point is to high for me. I am not going to argue the cost of production and such, but If it was at 220, I would buy it. I wish the would drop the number of figures in the set. I have a fixed cost that I am willing to pay and this one is above that price.

It similar to my outlook on gas prices, at 3 dollars I decided I didnt need to drive a truck now i drive around in my wifes old civic. Lucky for me I am in Kuwait and gas is free.

I wonder if MC has done any research into the pricing point? When it tops that 300 mark(including memebership) for people to purchase, it just seems to high. It creates a mental barrier to me. Maybe a smaller cheaper set would be better. I know sony priced themselves out of the market with the ps3 this year. I hope mastercollector hasn't done the same.
    Last edited by drveovru2; 07-12-2007 at 11:13 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I must say i am likeing what they doing at m.c
    female shock troopers and ROCK AND ROLL looks great i like the [paint apps}
    i cant wait to see how flash has been done and LT.claymore for cobra
    HAIL SERPENTOR SUPREME LEADER OF COBRA.

rob uk

Well, I may be in a minority here, but I really dont like Rock n Roll.
    The colour scheme's too random- its neither an arctic set or any other.
    Glad theyre using the new head sculpt, which looks great, and teh .50 looks fantastic, but overall Id say, ,meh.
    "Empty yourself of ego, ambition, attachment and fixed ideas about the way the world is. It is ... as it is.
    Come to terms with this Truth (it is as it is) and life can be faced with tranquility and be neither pessimistic nor optimistic but realistic."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up

The Rock N Roll figure is nice. I would have preferred the version 1 head mold though. This version needs a haircut.
    "Anyone can use a weapon. But the ninja IS a weapon." - Storm Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by GBPackRat
    I must say, that has to be the nicest RnR figure I've seen.

Well done MC...

Tanner
    I agree. I have always liked RnR, but never felt he got a decent upgrade from his initial figure (which is by default a classic). This figure is the best I have seen.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drveovru2
    So far I like this set, unfortunately the pricing point is to high for me. I am not going to argue the cost of production and such, but If it was at 220, I would buy it. I wish the would drop the number of figures in the set. I have a fixed cost that I am willing to pay and this one is above that price.

It similar to my outlook on gas prices, at 3 dollars I decided I didnt need to drive a truck now i drive around in my wifes old civic. Lucky for me I am in Kuwait and gas is free.

I wonder if MC has done any research into the pricing point? When it tops that 300 mark(including memebership) for people to purchase, it just seems to high. It creates a mental barrier to me. Maybe a smaller cheaper set would be better. I know sony priced themselves out of the market with the ps3 this year. I hope mastercollector hasn't done the same.

You know I agree for the most part. The set so far looks amazing, but I can't justify $300 at one time. Not when there are bills, diapers, gas, food etc. to buy. I know I will probably spend about $300 on Joe this year, but that will be spread out over the entire year and buy tons more product than 15 figures. More power to MC and their great job and if they can get the $300 (which I am sure they will) good for them. I just hope a few of those female troopers make it to ebay and don't cost a gazillion $$$. For those lucky members than can spend the $300, I am looking for tons of pictures!!!

Agreed, $300+ is outside my price point now... $220 was much easier.

Looks like I'll have to hunt this set down sometime next year when I've completed graduate school and have a normal paying job.

Until then, pictures will have to do...

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

I hope the quality of the construction of the female's Cobras ponytails is good, because I can see a lot of upset people if they break off easily.
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Doc is up!

Our first African-American female in the plastic Joeverse! Check out the cadaceus (sp?) on her jacket. Not just a simple LadyJaye swap. Nice work!

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/...RAHpreview.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by romanoaj
    Our first African-American female in the plastic Joeverse! Check out the cadaceus (sp?) on her jacket. Not just a simple LadyJaye swap. Nice work!

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/...RAHpreview.cfm
    Not bad! I was actually surprised this was the first african-american female Joe... If this continues I'm gonna have to buy this set...
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.