How Happy Are You With the 25th Ann. Figures? - Page 2

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: How happy are you with the new 25th ann. figures?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Happy

16 27.59%
  • Satisfied

16 27.59%
  • Not Sure

8 13.79%
  • Somewhat Disappointed

12 20.69%
  • Unhappy

6 10.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I voted unhappy..

..because I don't have them and when I get them, I don't like the packaging. I wanted to get Cobra commander from the five pack mint on a vintage card. If I buy them, I'll have to open them and make my own cards and bubbles. But if I find them at my local Toysrus, I would army build the Storm shadow from the five pack.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Somewhat disappointed. Say what you will but I will never be truly happy with anything other than RAH construction.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

I love them!!! The figures look great, the prices are wonderful, and the packaging looks awesome. I can't really complain about much, maybe just the lowered poseability. These are the best figures Hasbro has done since 1994 in my book.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

In my opinion, they are the best Hasbro has done since the late 80's. The original line got a bit cheesy around 89/90. The 1997 TRU release was okay but the colors and packaging are way off. There has been some cool figures between the 2000 and now. The new Joes look capture what I think Hasbro is after and that bringing us back to the days of our youth.

I think they could spark some interest in the folks that played with Joes back in the day and bring some new collectors to the hobby. I was sure that the Snake Eyes and Timber would sell out of our store immediately and that Hooded Cobra Commander would be a slow seller, but I was wrong about both. They all seem to carry the same popularity but I would say that Snake Eyes is the more popular figure of the 5 carded.
    Ready to add to your collection?

http://www.PastGenerationToys.com

Well, part of the reason is that Snake Eyes is the most heavily weighted in the case assortment; though I do understand why - face it, if a casual person who's like "Hey, yeah, G.I. Joe.. I had those when I was a kid. These are cool." and ends up buying one figure, it'll probably be Snake Eyes. i think they still could have figured out case ratios a bit better, but, my guess is there will be revision cases shipped with some figures weighted differently shipped out a little later. I picked satisfied, though it's probably somewhere in between 'very happy' and 'satisfied.' I would say that I am happy with the figures, and they are a good start for the line, though some have their flaws. I found both 5-packs today, and previously found the single-carded Snake Eyes, so here are my opinions of them, with a 1-10 rating (10 being the best):

-Snake Eyes (5-pack): A solid, well-done representation of the original. When in it's sheathe, his knife does get int he way slightly of his leg poseability. I really don't have anything else to complain about (seems a bit goofy that has satchel says 'explosives' on it, but that is extreeeeeemely minor). 9

-Scarlett: Another great figure. Some people have complained that the head looks to 'anime'-ish, but I disagree, and I liek it. The two parts of the crossbow, at least on mine, don;t stay together to well, other than that, a great figure. 9

-Roadblock:Another well-done figure. He has a bit of trouble holding his gun, at least mine did, but other than that, well-done. I thought the head sculpt on some of the prototype photos looked odd, but the production one is well-done. 8.5

-Duke: A very good, if not quite excellent, representation of the character. I like the fact that he has the American Flag on his sleeve, as the early mail-in version did (in the form of a sticker). His binoculars seem a bit tiny, but not too bad. very slight trouble holding his rifle on mine. 8.5

-Gung-Ho: The one I got has some problems that I don;t think most others do. His knee joints are slightly loose, which is a bit annoying. His vest seems slightly puffy, but other than that, the sculpt is good. His accessories look cool, but as has been noted, the grenade launcher falls apart easily. My main problem is with his skin tone.. ti just seems.. kind of blue-ish. He looks like he's sick or something (those crazy Cobra-La spores?). If he is issued on a single card, and Hasbro gives him a better looking flesh tone, and perhaps corrects the grenade launcher issue, this would be a great figure. 7.5

-Snake Eyes (single card): not a perfect representation of the 1985 figure's outfit, but stil a good figure. I think it would look much better in black, though, than the dark grey it's molded in. 8

---Now the Cobras: ------------------------------

-Destro: a good, well-done figure, with one flaw- his left hand. It's in an odd clenched pose, and lloks kind of like it might be able to hold accessories, but it can't. They could have made it in a similar pose, but still able to hold accessories. Other than that, a very cool figure. I was pleasantly surprised to find, that, inside of his MARS briefcase, there is a pistol like the one that came with the original figure. the pistol packed nearest him in the package wouldn't fit in his holster, but the one nearest The Baroness would. 8.5

-Cobra Soldier: A good figure, has some slight gun-holding issues, as some have mentioned. Mine can hold his gun decently, but it's not super-stable and basically has to be positioned just right in his hand. The Cobra sigil on his chest is also a bit too small. Other than that, a nice figure. 8.5

-Cobra Commander: Two words - peanut head! Cobra Commander has, well, a human head, and he wears the faceplate and metal head covering over it, and the helmet over that, so his head should be somewhat larger than a regular head, without those coverings would be. his head is just too small, which is a shame, because other than that, this is a very good, detailed sculpt. Like the Cobra Soldier, his sigil is also too small, which seems more noticeable to me on this figure than the soldier. 7.5

-The Baroness: This figure really disappointed me, and in my opinion, is the worst out of the bunch; which really disappointed me, as she is one of my favorite characters. She just seems disproportionate. Her torso is too small for the rest of her, and I don't like the head sculpt very much. hopefully Hasbro will end up re-sculpting her at some point in the new line. 6

-Storm Shadow: Wow. Extremely well-done. comes with new, re-sculpted versions of the same accessories as the original, except for his nunchakus. He does, however, including a throwing knife, which the original didn't. This fits in his belt. This figure is extremely well-sculpted and detailed. Even though, naturally, you don't see much of his face, the eyes and eyebrows are well-sculpted, and go with the character. The best of the bunch, in my opinion. 9.5
    "I am The Mad Bubbler. Breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Love them..I will be buying every single one of them.Some of my favorites 5 times over.

I luv these figures!!

I finally found 3 of the single carded Joes at Sears this past Friday. They only had 3 left (1 Snakes Eyes and 2 Storm Shadows) and I was gonna' leave the extra Storm Shadow for someone else, but I was so impressed with the card art (MOC collector) that I bought both. I most definitely will be buying all of these. The figures look so good in the package that I can't even bring myself to open them.

The only complaint that I have about these is the condition that the card is in when they arrive to the stores. All 3 of my cards have a long crease in them somewhere. They need to box and protect these items better for shipping.
    "Anyone can use a weapon. But the ninja IS a weapon." - Storm Shadow

I found all the singles @ Kmart. I have to be honest, I was slightly dissapointed with them. I don't know if it was the anticipation, but I thought they where going to be more vivid. The packaging is super! I really had a flahback in that Kmart aisle. I don't think I will take them out of the package because they will loose some luster.

I voted not sure.

There are a lot of things I love about these figures but half of that is because I love GI JOE. Who am I kidding I'm going to keep buying them no matter what. There are a few things that need to be worked out. The hip articulation is one thing, it's not so bad though. And Gung-ho who is my favorite character is lacking in several departments. They should have given him bigger arm muscles to match his build. And yes he is loose in the knees.

The two main issues I see with most figures is the hole pegs in the feet are smaller and not compatible with RAH. The Figure stands are all wrong too. I can over look this.

The elbow articulation can be somewhat poor on a few of the figures. Gung-Ho is one of the worst. Since they can't bring there arms across/up all the way they aren't able to grip their weapons with both hands. Duke and Flint are pretty bad as well. I having a hard time getting past Flint without Gloves. Plus the hands on some characters arm too soft.(Flint)

Now that being said Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are excellent figures EXCELLENT! Both versions. My favorite has to be the COBRA soldier/officer mold. They are very playable hold weapons well. Overall 8.7 out of 10

I voted satisfied. I like these figures a lot, but there are some minor gripes I have. However, I also don't have all of them yet so my vote might change once I find the hooded CC and the COBRA 5-pack.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!