How Happy Are You With the 25th Ann. Figures? - Page 3

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: How happy are you with the new 25th ann. figures?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Happy

16 27.59%
  • Satisfied

16 27.59%
  • Not Sure

8 13.79%
  • Somewhat Disappointed

12 20.69%
  • Unhappy

6 10.34%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    As I said in the other thread, I'm not very happy with them. My primary reasons are the details (in this order): the Cobra sigils are too small on most of the figures, Flint, SE V2 and SS V2 are reused molds, the articulation is not standard on all the figures, and weapons/accessories are being reused or aren't the best representation of the original (that one's a minor gripe, I admit).

I don't think that these details would have been that hard to rectify. There's no reason why all the knees couldn't have been the same - I don't even care which kind they could have used, as long as they were all the same. It just bothers me that some of the figures are going to be inferior in terms of articulation than others. At least what we saw in the original line was progressive from one year to another.

The tiny Cobra sigils really bother me, too. I can't seem to get over that one at all, and I'm trying to keep an open mind.

The reused weapons bother me a little. I could live with that if the other factors weren't present, but for the line to be perfect I would have liked to have seen an updated "Baroness-style" sniper rifle, Duke's submachinegun and a nice AK for the officer. I won't even get into the VVV Timber or V2 Storm Shadow's lack of a claw or other unique weapons... Personally I don't think those figures should have existed. It would have been a lot nicer to see Grunt, Breaker, Zap and/or Short Fuze if they really needed to save money on molds.

Maybe you think this is nitpicking, but I really was looking forward to this line and ready to spend a lot of money on it... as it stands now I'll probably pick up the V1 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and leave it at that, and continue to spend money on vintage stuff instead.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So far I just have the single carded Snake Eyes, Flint and Cobra Commander. I voted very happy. The overall desings are perefect and really harken back to the old days for me. My only minor problem is with how tight Flint's legs are. The top of the legs rubs too much with the crotch and I noticed slight paint rubbing. I'm kind of a perfectionist with my toys and don't like any noticable damage with my stuff. Luckily it's hidden, but it looks like Flint will be posed standing and never sitting (if we ever get any vehicles with this line) to prevent further rubbing.

Thumbs up

I'm satisfied with them.
    I can't give them the perfect grade because of the construction of the arms,
    hands and legs which limits their posing somewhat.
    I was hoping for a ball jointed head as well.
    The accuracy detail, great paintjob makes them really amazing and
    worth it for me to colect them.
    I'm planning to buy all the 25th Anniversary figures except no repaints of
    the same character (night patrol, tiger force, etc.).

I just received the first 25th Anniversary figure this morning; Cobra Trooper.
    At first I was frustrated how he couldn't hold his Dragonov Sniper Rifle.
    It kept falling out of his hand no matter how i tried :s
    After some time when i turned his lower arm the other way,
    he manages to hold it just fine from a side angle.
    Usually all my troops have their guns in rest stance,
    but for these guys I probably have them in a combat ready pose because they look so cool.

I ditched the original Rifle it came with and replaced it with Marauder's Dragonov Sniper Rifle.
    He looks really badass now XD
    In a week or two when I receive the ordered Cobra Officers,
    I will definatly use Marauder's AK-47's w/ Wooden Stocks for them.
    I can't wait to get more Cobra Troopers soon ^_^
    I still have to order the 5-packs as well,
    but I keep spending too much on the Troopers for now D:
    Last edited by Niemstar; 07-24-2007 at 11:12 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Now that I have the battle packs, I voted "somewhat disappointed." The sculpts are definitely nice, but almost none of the figures can hold their accessories or sit properly. I'm also not keen on the foot peg holes being positioned closer to the front of the foot.

I think the figures have a lot of potential, but at minimum the hands must be corrected.

I agree with The Mad Bubbler for the most part except for a few things. Baroness, I actually think she was done nicely, flimzy but they are all kinda flimzy. I also think Snake Eyes is a little short. I think they are nice figures and I recommend buying them but if you plan to play with them, don't expect alot from them holding the weapons, that is the worst part of the figures if you ask me, the hands! They can't hold their weapons that well.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_282353", true);