How Happy Are You With the 25th Ann. Figures?

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: How happy are you with the new 25th ann. figures?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Happy

16 27.59%
  • Satisfied

16 27.59%
  • Not Sure

8 13.79%
  • Somewhat Disappointed

12 20.69%
  • Unhappy

6 10.34%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How Happy Are You With the 25th Ann. Figures?

I still haven't been able to find the new figures yet, and more and more, from the pictures I'm seeing, I'm uncertain as to whether I want them. Sometimes they look pretty awkward to me and I heard that the weapons dont fit well into their hands. Just in general, now that some of you guys have them, what do you think? And if you didn't buy them because you've seen them and don't like them, please add your opinions too.
    Last edited by Katzenbogen; 07-21-2007 at 09:30 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The figures are alright. Gung Ho, Snake Eyes V2, the Cobra Officer, and Cobra Soldier all look really cool. Flint and the Baroness are pretty good, but I think they could have done a better job on the heads. Their faces just seem off.

The best part is the retro packaging/artwork on the single figures. It's like I'm right back in the early 80s again. I doubt most of my figures will ever leave the packaging.

I dont really know what to think. I mean the figures are ok, but to me, their bodies seem to be a bit too awkward -I guess this is the price to pay for the extra articulations - and so far the only one that got me crazy is Stormy (the urban cammo version).

I fear that the extra joints will make these figs very easy to break
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just want to see the joints work right. If they fix up the hips and elbows, it's going to be a fun line for as long as it lasts. They had some kinks to work out in '82 (adding the swivel grip) and in '02 (I think, when they did away with the O-rings) so hopefully one or two series down the road they'll iron everything out.

And if not, well, I already got most of my favorites so I'll have no problem skipping most of the rest until they do a new Croc Master or Hydro Viper or something...

The hips are my main gripe, but they can be over looked a bit. My only other gripe is that on Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, their knives that sit in the sheaths, get in the way of movement a bit (The handles are a bit long) but that can be fixed by just not using them.

Other than that, I love these figures and am even contemplating getting the Satan figure (I originally decided I wouldn't buy it just because I hate the character)

Also of note, for some odd reason, both Snake Eyes look really cool with Marauder John's Berets

I Have Both The Box Sets And All Of The Single Pack Figures And Like Every Other Wave Of Joes Some Are Really Awesome Some Are Okay And Some Need Improvement But I Looooooooove The Figures I Will Probable Buy 20 Of The Cobra Officers I Think They Are Great And The Destro Is Also Very Good And As Stated By Someone Else The Joe Deco Storm Shadow Is Really Really Good I Think The Baroness And The Flint Could Be Improved Slightly, But I Bet We Will Get A Flint Later With His Gloves On. I Absolutly Love Both Versions Of Cobra Commander Overal I Had Way More Dislikes From The 2001 Through 2004 Line And The Sweet Thing About This Line Is Its Not Just Retreaded Repaints They Are All New Likenessess And They Are Very Very Good Likenessess The Five Pack Snake Eyes I Think Rivals The Vintage Snake Eyes Version 1 And Is Waaaaaaay Better Than Any Snake Eyes Other Than Vintage Version 2

Quote Originally Posted by SHIPWRECK"N"POLLY
    I Have Both The Box Sets And All Of The Single Pack Figures And Like Every Other Wave Of Joes Some Are Really Awesome Some Are Okay And Some Need Improvement But I Looooooooove The Figures I Will Probable Buy 20 Of The Cobra Officers I Think They Are Great And The Destro Is Also Very Good And As Stated By Someone Else The Joe Deco Storm Shadow Is Really Really Good I Think The Baroness And The Flint Could Be Improved Slightly, But I Bet We Will Get A Flint Later With His Gloves On. I Absolutly Love Both Versions Of Cobra Commander Overal I Had Way More Dislikes From The 2001 Through 2004 Line And The Sweet Thing About This Line Is Its Not Just Retreaded Repaints They Are All New Likenessess And They Are Very Very Good Likenessess The Five Pack Snake Eyes I Think Rivals The Vintage Snake Eyes Version 1 And Is Waaaaaaay Better Than Any Snake Eyes Other Than Vintage Version 2
    I very rarely call anyone out about the format of their posts but you capitalized every single word and used little punctuation. Do you know how hard this is to read?

Anyway, I marked somewhat dissapointed. The packaging is great and the figures look great in the package. Once you take them out it is all downhill from there because they have a hard time holding weapons, Baroness's bow legs, Destro's half clenched hand, flimsy bodies all around, Gun-Ho's fall apart gun and less posability than the originals.

I don't have any of them yet, so I marked satisfied (based solely on pictures I have seen). I hope they are more than the pictures!
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!

There is always room for improvement, but even with the negative aspects of these figures they are still better than most of the figures from valor vs. venom and spy troops. I would venture to say most everyone agrees with that. we should all be happy to be getting figures at all, we could be stuck with those junk sigma six toys!

I only found two so far. Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander. I think they are awesome.