Breaking: San Diego ComiCon Intel! - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondo76
    ok guys...look to the right corner of the Air Viper's figure stand...
    do you see that? do you guys think it might be possible that Hasbro actually took the time to make that mask removable AND include an additional helmet? i mean...should i even get my hopes up?
    Good Eye!!

I have to say, that's what it looks like to me. It looks like the helmet and mask is one removeable helmet, and you can put the regular helment on him. At least, that's what it looks like to me.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey, just said that before you, Rec

What's the deal with all the unpainted prototypes? If they are showing off these figs, why not have one of their model shop guys hand paint them so we can get a better idea what they'll look like? Back in the day, hand painted hard copies were a common sight at Toy Fair...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Saw this over at Joebattlelines.com, Painted prototypes of Satan, Shipwreck and Firefly.

http://joebattlelines.com/conventions/sdcc07.htm

You know...that's what i'd heard too...that the comic trooper would be the single pack release...
    maybe there was a mix up?
    Ok, so as I look at all the pictures, I think it is just a mistake in naming.

The 25th Cobra Trooper has no helmet device, a black mask, red sigil and skinny web gear.
    The 25th Cobra Officer has a black helmet device, silver mask, silver sigil and double web gear (I don't have my officer yet, so I didn't realize they had made different web gear for him).
    The "unknown" 25th Cobra Trooper has no helmet device, a black mask, silver sigil AND skinny web gear... a perfect match for the Viper pilot - they just didn't name him that.

Maybe it means there's a Stinger in the future, but no glider, so they didn't bother naming the Viper pilot for it.
    Last edited by Dakemesh; 07-26-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acantilado
    Hey, just said that before you, Rec
    Man...i know! you beat me to it buy like half a second...the post times are even identical...LoL

Quote Originally Posted by TEKWRX
    What's the deal with all the unpainted prototypes? If they are showing off these figs, why not have one of their model shop guys hand paint them so we can get a better idea what they'll look like? Back in the day, hand painted hard copies were a common sight at Toy Fair...
    i wondered that too...but if you notice...the painted ones all have unpainted counterparts...i couldn't help but think maybe they were just teasing us for awhile and they'd eventually bring out the painted versions...
    "He who dies with the most toys wins!" -Unknown

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

Trade List: Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by TEKWRX
    They wanted to reveal the painted ones through out the weekend so people can see something new each day.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Does anyone know if we're going to be shown anything else?
    That is pretty much it except for some painted versions of the unpainted figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Conner - Treasures 'N Toys
    So I am betting Hasbro is testing the buzz these customs get from fans. If the feedback is positive, then they go into serious production and they already have a proven prototype. Of course if it sucks, they just saved themselves tons of R&D / production costs.
    That is 100% correct. They are trying to guage interest from everyone (not just active Joe collectors) to see if there is enough demand.

Quote Originally Posted by carnage717
    Saw this over at Joebattlelines.com, Painted prototypes of Satan, Shipwreck and Firefly.

http://joebattlelines.com/conventions/sdcc07.htm
    I miss the camo on Firefly.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!