Breaking: San Diego ComiCon Intel! - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The more i look at these...the more TWO things REALLY tick me off...
    i know this is extremely picky but how can you give a Cobra Trooper a silver sigil after 25 years of having a red one? For 25 years that silver sigil has been iconic as the symbol of an Officer...and ALL the other troopers from the 5 packs ALL have red ones...
    the other thing is that Storm Shadow. Three things made that Storm Shadow stand out in the VvV line for me: the sigil on the face, the accessories, and the ceremonial skirt (i can't remember the proper name).
    of those three...only one remained...to me without those trademark swords and that skirt...i can't help but see cheap repaint when i look at it.

Am i just expecting too much here guys?

On a side note...what is the weapon the Red Ninja has? is that comic related with some significance or something Hasbro came up with?
    "He who dies with the most toys wins!" -Unknown

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

Trade List: Click Here

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I really like Buzzer, Lady Jaye, and Beach Head. I think Lady Jay is dead-on based on her original artwork.

I really don't like the Cobra 5-pack except for the Stinger Driver. That is an obvious repaint and really well done. I hate that the Cobra Soldier single pack has the silver sigil. I hope this is just a mock-up and that it will be corrected. I also dislike the "comic book colors" Cobra Trooper, and the rest the pack is just too weird. It is for someone else to buy. I'll just hope if they come out with a vehicles that needs him, the Stinger driver will be available somewhere else.

I am unsure about Serpentor. I always liked the original figure. The comic book portrayal was very good. I just wonder why his cobra has no hood?

I really like the sculpt on Zartan but I wonder why there is a small Cobra symbol molded onto his breastplate. I liked how Zartan or other characters did not always have Cobra on them. They are mercenaries. I always liked to think they could work against Cobra is they saw fit.
    Last edited by Eric Leavitt; 07-26-2007 at 08:45 AM.

I agree with Recondo76s gripes about:
    - Cobra Troopers silver sigil
    - Stormshadow 5-packs lack of accessories & ceremonial garb
    But what Red Ninja?

Is it just me, or does Serpentor look more confused than dominant?

I actually like the Cobra 5-pack, with the exception of
    the two non-troop builder figures tho
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Faceless Master
    But what Red Ninja?
    the Red Ninja is in there...we all thought he was going to be Satan...but he's not...it's a proto and not painted so that could be why you missed it...
    he's holding some kind of weird staff with a claw like thing on the end...

thanks for agreeing with me by the way...i was beginning to think i was the only one.

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

I suppose you could go with the silver cobra sigil as a glider pilot but I think I'm the only one looking for one of those, and also the only one who won't mind seeing a Raptor figure produced!.....I do agree if it's the straight up cobra trooper in a single pack he needs to be done with a red one and I think it will be corrected.......after seeing the new picks this morning I'm liking these figures more and more plus the convention set looks freaking amazing....last night I was liek MEH....but today with the new up close shots I'm leaning more towards liking most of the lot

*^Beat me to it! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Recondo76
    i know this is extremely picky but how can you give a Cobra Trooper a silver sigil after 25 years of having a red one? For 25 years that silver sigil has been iconic as the symbol of an Officer...and ALL the other troopers from the 5 packs ALL have red ones...
    Well, there's one exception to your statement and I think that's where this guy comes in. The Cobra Viper Pilot was originally a Trooper body (smaller supsenders) with a silver sigil (compared to the Officer's with the double suspenders). So, there is precedence for this, he's just a)mis-named and b) not remolded. It does fit in with the the pack though, since we've got a Stinger Driver, it makes sense they made the Viper Pilot too. I think they should have made a seperate suspender/harness for the officer and then this Viper pilot could have the one from the trooper to make him more accurate.

On a side note...what is the weapon the Red Ninja has? is that comic related with some significance or something Hasbro came up with?
    I know I've seen it somewhere, I just can't place it - it makes me think of Star Wars...
    Last edited by Dakemesh; 07-26-2007 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakemesh
    Well, there's one exception to your statement and I think that's where this guy comes in. The Cobra Viper Pilot was originally a Trooper body (smaller supsenders) with a silver a sigil (compared to the Officer's with the double suspenders). So, there is precedence for this, he's just a)mis-named and b) not remolded. It does fit in with the the pack though, since we've got a Stinger Driver, it makes sense they made the Viper Pilot too. I think they should have made a seperate suspender/harness for the officer and then this Viper pilot could have the one from the trooper to make him more accurate.

I know I've seen it somewhere, I just can't place it.

*^Beat me to it! :P
    I could definitely buy into that Viper Pilot theory...IF...and this is a big IF...that silver sigiled trooper were in the 5-pack...but unfortunately...he's not.
    that actually would be pretty cool if that was the case though...
    just switch them out...put the comic themed Trooper in the single pack...and the Viper Pilot in the 5-pack...

if the red ninja is a simple 5 pack Storm Shadow repaint, I'll be happy.
    I really like that figure and all its details and I don't mind if they use it in red.
    Heck, I'd be happy if they do one in black and call him Black Dragon.

Gripes

Beachead: His vest looks way too bulky
    Serpentor: Not original version
    Zartan: Not original version
    Lady Jaye: Looks more like a dancer dressed in a military outfit. If they're going to make Serpentor and Zartan not like the originals, why can't we have a cartoon version of Lady Jaye?
    Firefly: Fantastic so far
    Shipwreck: Fantastic so far
    Stalker: Ok...looks too bulky but I'll wait and see.

Cobra 5-Pack: Do we really need another Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow?

I thought it was already common knowledge that they were going to releasea Viper Pilot in the next wave. (granted, I had thought it would be in the 5-pack instead of that comic trooper).
    Last edited by Average Joe; 07-26-2007 at 10:12 AM.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.