Breaking: San Diego ComiCon Intel! - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Firefly's gun

hmm, about Firefly's gun, the loose figure has a green gun, whereas the packaged one has a black gun... will this be a variant like the different colored Timbers?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Most of em look awesome, but I am still not too sure about serpentor. I think they should have gone the classic route with him, and gave him and air chariot. And did anyone notice they gave stalker snakeyes' body; this figure deserved way more than that.

By the way Zombie F-body do you have a camaro or TransAm?

oops, dur de durrrr

that one was already packaged correctly, sleep deprivation is a killer

by the way, here is Cobra Officer in the right packaging:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/...oe/image66.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/...oe/image67.asp

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie F-Body
    Painted Shipwreck has put me at ease. Hopefully he still has his master chief stripes on his arm. Wonder if Polly's feet are a little more rubbery than the orginal so he can fit on more than his shotgun?
    AAND he's got Popeye forearms! AWESOME! I too would like to see some tats though.
    Last edited by Dakemesh; 07-26-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks guys! Glad to see I just missed the gray camo on Firefly.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman2099
    oops, dur de durrrr

that one was already packaged correctly, sleep deprivation is a killer

by the way, here is Cobra Officer in the right packaging:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/...oe/image66.asp

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC07/...oe/image67.asp
    Huh? I'm not following you...
    "He who dies with the most toys wins!" -Unknown

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

Trade List: Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by snakeyes26
    ...And did anyone notice they gave stalker snakeyes' body
    Dang...i hadn't noticed that...that's quite the buzzkill...
    i think we'd all better get used to seeing that though...i have a feeling they designed these molds to be interchangeable...i think they've realized that removable bandliers, straps, belts, etc. can completely change the look of a figure and disguise things quite a bit...as with Flint/Duke...and with many of the DTC figures (Lowlight, SAW Viper, Monkeywrench, etc.)
    however...if you look back at the original '82 lineup...most of the figures shared the same basic design...so technically...it's just like '82 all over again...sort of...
    i'll reserve my final opinion until i see the painted version though...

i have a feeling that Beachhead and Firefly are sharing some parts as well...

UPDATE: I just checked the archive and in fact the original '82 Stalker and Snake Eyes shared the same torso (along with Breaker, Grunt and Hawk) and the same arms and waist...cool homage or Hasbro cop-out?
    Last edited by Recondo76; 07-26-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Top Five Wants: 1. 92 Gold Head Steel Brigade Accessories 2. Terror Drome Cannon Mount 3. Skystriker Parachutes 4. Air Devil Gun 5. Low Light bi-pod

[UPDATE: I just checked the archive and in fact the original '82 Stalker and Snake Eyes shared the same torso (along with Breaker, Grunt and Hawk) and the same arms and waist...cool homage or Hasbro cop-out?[/quote]

I will go with the latter in my mind at least

I will go with the latter in my mind at least
    Yeah...i made a good argument but i couldn't even convince myself of that one...

I'm not really concerned with the sharing of parts. Like was mentioned this happened frequently in the original line. I'm sure once these initial waves are out of the way and Hasbro puts some more money into the line we'll see more unique sculpts.

Looks like Shipwreck is sporting some ink on the carded example. Looks really nice.

By the way Zombie F-body do you have a camaro or TransAm?
    I currently have a Trans Am that's been converted to a KITT replica. I'm kind of unofficially in the market for a 95 Z-28, right now. Just too many expenses, but I wouldn't pass by a good deal (I'd just have to hide it somewhere away from the house!). You have any F-cars?