NOOB vintage vehicle question

yojoe.com

NOOB vintage vehicle question

Unfortunately all my vintage Joe stuff was tossed while I was in the Army. Most of the vehicles were incomplete and beat up anyway. I started my modern collecting with the newer, post 95 Star Wars stuff and it's really exciting to get some great vintage vehicles redone (and all new molds like the in-scale X-Wing) that I never had as a kid.

There were a lot of 82-85 vehicles that I never had as a kid and really want now that I have the means to get them. Looking on eBay it seems that most can be had complete, but are typically missing or have damaged decals (or yellowed plastic). I really don't see a lot of MIP specimens or label sheets available. I'm entertaining going this route for a great condition display piece (However, if they are really rare it makes no sense to rip them open just for display). How common are sealed MIP specimens these days? I imagine I'd be blowing a mint on these, so another question I have is does a repro label place exist for these? For TFs we have an option, but it would be great to find a decent vehicle and strip it down and add all new decals.

I'm actually hoping that Hasbro remedies this with the new 25th line, but I'm just war gaming some options right now.

Thanks, guys!

-Rob

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Between the trade forums here & ebay, you shouldn't have too hard a time finding vehicles in good shape without opening boxed toys - big price difference, too. There are a few people making repro decals, there are quite a few threads on them, I'll look later & post a link. Otherwise a search will get you a lot of hits on that.

Email this board member for a current list of his available decals. Quality stuff. rubenldm@rocketmail.com
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner