Lets Convince Hasbro We Have Got To Have "pythona"

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lets Convince Hasbro We Have Got To Have "pythona"

How Many Of Us Have Said Please Make Pythona, Now We Have Seen The Prototype At The Sdcc, How Do We Get Them To Make It, Help Me Rally Support For The Figure.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...

Question

Is there something I'm missing here? 1986 was the last year I paid any attention to Joes, so I'm not well versed in stuff/lore that came out in the latter part of the 80s. Also, I've never opened up a Devils Due comic either, so again, forgive me for not being hip... But based on the research I've done on characters like Pythona and other assorted Cobra La familiars, I just can't see where the adoration comes from. Everything from the look of the characters to the story they sprung from seems bad. "Bad meaning bad" that is.

So, please, don't kill me. Help me to understand. Convince me why Pythona and the Cobra La mythos is "Bad meaning good".
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

I think we should try to convince them to make all the custom figures. There wasn't one there that I wouldn't buy. Especially the Alley Viper, that was cool.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SHIPWRECK"N"POLLY
    How Many Of Us Have Said Please Make Pythona, Now We Have Seen The Prototype At The Sdcc, How Do We Get Them To Make It, Help Me Rally Support For The Figure.
    To be honest if want a Pythona figure just like the one at SDCC, just take a 25th Baroness paint her pink add some spots and then get your self a Star Wars Auro Sing head and slap it on there. That all the figure is, the so-called customizers at Hasbro could even take the time to sand down the obvious features on the torso and waist they used. If you look close enough you can see every detail of the Baroness torso and waist.

I love the 25th line but theres no way Id buy anything related to CobraLa ....
    " That american ninja ! He fights like a tiger !!"

Smile

dear dead mint storm shadow

If you stopped collecting gi joe in 1986 you missed pythona by less than a year for she was part of the 1987 gi joe the movie mythos of characters. she has also been seen in the devils due gi joe and the Transformers crossover books, aside from that i agree that all the sdcc custom figures should be made and i would buy them all. Here's what i think hasbro will do, they will start this line by making new style versions of the figures that were super hot sellers back in the day, like alley viper, night creeper, etc. everyone knows that the orange alley viper was mabee the hottest selling figure of all time, so i hope we see that custom coming real quick because it was frickin awesome!!!!!!

I concur. Hasbro get Pythona done.

I wrote a nice eloquent post last night regarding the interest in Pythona and Cobra-La. But it seems that something went wrong and it did not post.

For those not sure why Pythona is so cool - watch the first 10 minutes of the movie. The ease and grace with which she dispatches the cobra defenses around the terrordrome and breaches the most internal domains of Cobra make her pretty sweet.

If anyone at Hasbro cares a LICK... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Pythona.

for the love of everything vile and cruel in the Cobra Army - make this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian51
    for the love of everything vile and cruel in the Cobra Army - make this figure.
    Well, since you put it THAT way...

Maybe Hasbro could do a "fan's choice" type figure like they have done in the Star Wars line a few times. That would give the fans a chance to get the figures they want instead of the figures Hasbro wants us to have.