Sigma 6 is dying - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My personal opinion is this.I hate and I mean I loath the sigma 6 like the 12" collectors hated the 3 3/4" joes back in the 80's.Why???Because I was a kid when 3 3/4" came out and that is what I played with.Same way it will probably be with the Sigma 6 when the kids that played with them grow up.It is a classic case of remembering when times were easy and you didn't really have any responsibility other than homework and taking a bath

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I liked the 2.5 inch S6 line. I didn't care for the '8 inch S6 line though at all.. cept Destro, and CC for display purposes. And I'm not very big on the 25th line either, don't know what all the fuss is about.. just more repaints and "clones" of past figures. Big deal.. I may buy a few.. but only the "main" characters, and vipers. Sofar I have none, and I'm not sweating it at all. I do have a love for the DTC line, which I mainly collect now, as well as the original 3 3/4ths line.

....my 2 cents.

- CL
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

Love the Sigma 6 line. Will continue to support it until the end. I think some great figs are coming out right now. The Iron Grenadier and Shockwave are next on my list. I can see why Hasbro went in this direction.....change is good. Of course some people have a hard time with it. I grew up with the 3 3/4 inch Joes. I also grew up with Marvel comics..........but also accepted the Ultimate universe. To me thats what the S6 was kinda like.......a Joe ultimate universe.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You know, anyone that comes into the Sigma 6 forum just to take pleasure in announcing that the line is dying has a name in the online world. You are a troll. So are the other scholars that followed up with meaningful remarks like "die, die" and "for the love God, stop." No one said you had to like it. You don't like it, fine. But don't come into this forum to dance on the grave of Sigma 6. That is why there is a separate forum for Sigma 6. So you don't even have to filter the Sigma 6 posts out when looking through the others.

When S6 first came out I didn't like it at all. After while I gave it a chance and it grew on me. There are some really fine figures in the line that are quite enjoyable. I also like the looks of the 25A figures but they are flat out aweful to pose or play with. But me and my 3 year old can play with a Sigma 6 all day long.
    Last edited by FireFox91; 07-29-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    You know, anyone that comes into the Sigma 6 forum just to take pleasure in announcing that the line is dying has a name in the online world.
    Amen. I don't like the 25th figs at all, but I don't want them to be cancelled. And the success of Sigma 6 or the 25th figures would only help each other. The failure of one would hurt the other. So S6 bashers go buy your goofy 25th sculpts and let me enjoy my goofy 8" figures. I'm still holding out hope that the 8" line will survive somehow.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

No need to call me a troll I originally posted this under the toys section that is intended for the 4 inch joes, the moderators moved it into the Sigma 6 section - so, I can't be blamed for that. I also gave a post in this section, but it was strictly informational and void of all personal opinions. The people who followed my post, did post while it was still in the toys section intended for 4 inch fans.

my two cents

I originally didn't like S6, and still don't like the 2.5 junk or the cartoon but the 8 inch figures I do like. S6 will probably go out if it is based on Kansas all the 2.5 inch line finally got so cheap I bought some decided not to pass up a dollar a package. The 8 inch have gotten cheaper production qualities but have gone up in price which is bad. If the 25th ann. figs come out here they will probably end up being more expensive than a normal kid can afford It always seems that way anyways. They package them for collectors than wonder why kids don't buy them. It is very simple mass produce a cheaper line and make sure the DVD of the cartoon series is coming out at the same time. I know I can't afford the cartoon series. Anyways glad the 2.5 inch is going but would hate to see the 8 inch go.

ttfndude

Sigma 6 figures were kind of nice, but for me they had to fall into the "i can't buy everything" category; so I never bought any.

Talking uh-oh....

[quote=FireFox91] You know, anyone that comes into the Sigma 6 forum just to take pleasure in announcing that the line is dying has a name in the online world. You are a troll. [quote]

heh.. I hope I don't fall into the "Troll" category.. I'd rather be one of the good guys, like the forrest knomes.. ..but really, ..I did say I liked the '2.5 inch S6 line alot, which I do. and I was sad to see it go, but that makes me the minority, because it seems most preffered the '8 inch S6 line.

- CL
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freak4ll
    No need to call me a troll I originally posted this under the toys section that is intended for the 4 inch joes, the moderators moved it into the Sigma 6 section - so, I can't be blamed for that. I also gave a post in this section, but it was strictly informational and void of all personal opinions. The people who followed my post, did post while it was still in the toys section intended for 4 inch fans.
    It's all good. Toys are a form of art in my opinion. It is reasonable to expect individuals to be passionate about a favorite art form. People like to talk about what they like and what they don't like.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/