Thank you neopolitan joe. and you are right, peace and love

p.s. they are just toys by the way were not arguing about world peace
    That's sure!
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

Quote Originally Posted by SHIPWRECK"N"POLLY
    Thank you neopolitan joe. and you are right, peace and love

p.s. they are just toys by the way were not arguing about world peace
    Yes, peace and love. The earlier message did not say that all S6 haters were trolls, it was a misunderstanding. I totally understand if somene doesn't like S6 because there are many GI Joe toys that I don't like. As for my earlier message about no kids wanting to play with 25th figures - I stopped at Kmart yesterday and was looking at their S6 collection and picked up a 25th Storm Shadow that was lying on the shelf. A kid about the age of 10 or 11 came into the aisle and took the Snake Eyes off the peg. I handed him the Storm Shadow and he seemed happy. He left the Cobra Officer behind and walked away with SA and SS. I was wrong. I hope interest in the 25th figs creates more interest in the 8" line.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

yeah i said die die die to sigma six, regardless of the forum the figures are ugly, they look like anime crap, and the cartoon was an insult to my second grade son's inteligence. my three kids love to play with their 25th anniversary joes and have asked for more. im sure the people, though there were few who liked sigma six also think pokemon and yu gi oh are cool, we want our real american hero's back, good ridence to that anime knock off garbage

Ummmm......I dont like Pokemon or Yu Gi Oh. But seeing as i like Sigma 6....I guess I'm automatically put in that category. So be it.

To Whom It May Concern: I.e. Cgc

Lets Be Fair And Try Not To Discriminate Here. An Earlier Post On This Thread Stated That Those Who Hated Sigma Six Were Trolls And You Didnt Even Comment On This Post At All. I Think Your Attempt At Trying To Censor Your Posts Is Entirely Biased And Unfair, The Fact Is Hasbro Is Cancelling Sigma Six Because The Line Was A Total Failure And The Sales Of The Product Were Terrible, That Is A Fact And Reality It Doesn't Take Anyone's Opinion, Whether Agreed With Or Not To See That, That Is The Reality Of What Happened To That Particular Toy Line. I Fail To See How Censoring My Post Based On My Personal Opinion Is Fair, Especially When You Have Done Nothing To Censor The Post Of The Person With The Opposing View!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude, you came back into the forum of the toy line you hate so much just to flame. What do think the problem really is, the supposed censorship or your attitude? As I said before, if you don't like Sigma 6 then don't come in here and post. Simple as that because you are not contributing anything to the topic.

Oh and your "facts" are anything but that. You have zero knowledge of actual sales of the line, just your own biased opinion.
    Last edited by FireFox91; 08-02-2007 at 11:30 PM.

SHIPWRECK"N"POLLY
    Nothing in your post was censored, & I really don't see how you think I censored my own post. S6 is not the failure you claim it is. It has already outlasted the Super-Joe, Sgt Savage, Extreme, & the Micro-Joe lines. All of these, while having short production lives, still have a strong collecting community behind them today. Your are right that the S6 did not match the 12" or 3¾" lines, but very few toy lines do.

You are also correct in saying that other posts were pushing it, but none had gone as far as yours. You made your post even after other YoJoers pointed out that bad-mouthing the line & comments made simply to provoke others would add nothing productive to this thread. ARAH collectors were not the target of the S6 lines, the anime-styling is what is popular with 6-10 year old boys now - and they are the main demographic Hasbro had in mind.

Please do not take this thread any further off topic. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to pm me or any other mod or admin with them.

Hold the fort...Are all 8 inch Joes dying or just the name S6? Because there are some incredible 8 inch figures being put out and I don't want to see this line die. I haven't made an 8 inch purchase yet, but as I was getting the 25th figures last night the new Shockwave and company 8 inchers looked great on display in the toy aisle beside the 3 3/4 guys. So which is it? Is just S6 the name going away or are all 8 inch guys going away?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay West
    Hold the fort...Are all 8 inch Joes dying or just the name S6? Because there are some incredible 8 inch figures being put out and I don't want to see this line die. I haven't made an 8 inch purchase yet, but as I was getting the 25th figures last night the new Shockwave and company 8 inchers looked great on display in the toy aisle beside the 3 3/4 guys. So which is it? Is just S6 the name going away or are all 8 inch guys going away?
    From what I uderstand the 8" Joes will come out until the end of 2007. Their were no plans for the 8" Joes to come out 2008 or less people start buying them and hasbro see's a good sales record for 2007. (Thus I still have hope for 8" Joes for 2008). Most of the forums I read said they were going bye bye, but hasbro is just testing the waters right now and from what I seen it just depends on the sales.

Brand Confusion

An executive of Hasbro, at the 2004 convention, made a comment about the mid 70's Joe. He said that anytime you have G.I. Joe introduce the 8" line, Bulletman, Atomic Man, and the Intruders in one year-it means somthing's not right. He may have exaggerated, but he did make a very solid point which could be applied to these last few years.

You can have too much G.I. Joe, it causes brand confusion among consumers and kids and leads to a decline of sales, not an increase. Hopefully they won't compare sales on the 8" line against the 3 3/4" line. The 1:18th Joes will outsell the 8" in the short term due to nostalgic adult collectors, but the 8" line is aimed at their target demographic (it should be noted here they have tried several times before S6 to introduce the 3 3/4" line back to kids-without good sales results). If they compare, I predict 8" will die in 2008, 3 3/4" won't survive that year without fresh kid purchase and interest, and that will be it save for 12" like nostalgia buys which will pop up. I'm not a big anime fan and didn't like the new cartoons they've come up with, but the toy line has performed well these past few years...if it were any other toy company marketing any other soldier or adventure line without the expectations of G.I. joe behind it, it would be considered a moderately successful line.

Give them a chance-they haven't jumped the shark yet!

Hasbro is a great company, pulling in a respectable profit, that has made many successful, high-quality toys. Some of these toys have become legendary. But one point that has to be made with the future of Sigma 6 and 8 inch Joes is that - if this toyline dies it is the fault of Hasbro. While not every toyline is going to survive for 10 years, this line had the potential for at least another few years and still does have that potential. I believe the Adventure Teams are really moving in the right direction. My daughter said she wants the tiger and the crocodile sets for her birthday...I guess I'm gonna have to buy another pair
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/