Destro at hasbrotoyshop.com - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    I got a silver Destro which is all I wanted. I didn't really want the gold anyway since I think the silver looks better. (And isn't that something odd to say on a figure with leapard print on it?)

I wish I knew about this earlier today but I had to be at work. :/ I missed out on the Rodimus and the R2-KT. I really wanted those.
    I am sure you will be able to get a R2-KT.It is for a good cause so I am sure they will have enough.I got mine off of ebay from a scalper.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bluebikerboy1
    that stan lee is preaty sick guys. and it has his autograph on the box. i picked one at the show for me and liked it enough that i ordered 2 more today. not a fan of the she hulk though. but each his own
    Is that Stan Lees' real hand signed Autograph?
    I just bought 1 from hasbro toy shop.

Only a little over 200 Destros left. Hurry and get yours if you haven't.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    Just as a side note, if any of you want a Gold head Destro, you could use the silver faced Destro available from Hasbrotoyshop and use the metallic "Painters" pens that you can get from Wal-Mart to recolor it. I know its not the same as getting a factory-produced figure, but those pens work really well for repaints if you don't feel like shelling out the big bucks for the Gold Destro on eBay (I have used a silver one to do a messed up Cobra Commander face plate as well as some custom Transformers alternators faces).
    You can also try a transparent candy gold spray paint. The advantage being that when a clear candy is lightly used on a polished metal surface (or in this case a vac-plated surface), the painted object retains a metallic shine. This will allow the head to still look like it was actually plated (now in gold) after a couple quick light coats. Keep in mind that the more coats of paint you add, the less you'll see of the surface being painted. Try and keep it very light yet thorough. Do a base coat, let it dry, then do a final coat and then step off. You can find transparent candy paint at hobby shops.

Another option is brush electroplating, but now were getting ridiculous. Or are we? Hmmmmmmmm... You can find people doing this kind of work at swap meets and car shows. Since the head has already been vac-plated chrome, it can easily be "toned" gold the way they "plate" plastic auto emblems.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 07-30-2007 at 04:22 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

I've paid so little attention to this figure prior to now that I didn't even know that vac-plating was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD MINT STORMSHADOW
    ....Another option is brush electroplating, but now were getting ridiculous. Or are we? Hmmmmmmmm... You can find people doing this kind of work at swap meets and car shows. Since the head has already been vac-plated chrome, it can easily be "toned" gold the way they "plate" plastic auto emblems.
    How about having a jeweler / jewelry maker custom cast you a 18k or 24k real Gold head – now that would be a sweet gold headed (literally) Destro
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend
    How about having a jeweler / jewelry maker custom cast you a 18k or 24k real Gold head – now that would be a sweet gold headed (literally) Destro
    24K head with Green Emerald eyes variant...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by cobraferret
    I am sure you will be able to get a R2-KT.It is for a good cause so I am sure they will have enough.I got mine off of ebay from a scalper.
    I stopped collecting star wars back when episode I first came out, but for some reason I have this compulsion to get a R2-KT. It was created for a good cause. I think I like it because it would give me an excuse to put an action figure in my daughter's room.

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    I've paid so little attention to this figure prior to now that I didn't even know that vac-plating was involved.
    I really hoped they would do it for the 5 pack Desro, but alas...

That reminds me, someone suggested swapping out the silver PDD's head and putting it on the 5 pack Destro body. Sounds like a plan!
    I'M A MAC

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

I didn't know hasbrotoyshop.com was a convention. That blows the whole idea of convention exclusives. Hasbro has to be one of the worst companys in my opinion for customer service.
    BEWARE of the Royal Guard