eBay Prices - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay Prices

meh....I've had stuff go for low and stuff that goes for way higher than I expected. It just depends on who's looking and when. I just had a Sneak Peek complete with mic not get even one bid for 99 cents, then I relisted it and within a day of the relist, he's already over 20 dollars.

If you don't want your good stuff sellling for 99 cents, then put a higher starting amount. Someone will eventually give that first bid.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've had both things happen. I've had things sell for more than the average and some things sell for less than the average. I've gotten some things super cheap and I've overpaid for a few things. There is some shill bidding involved, but I think a lot of it is luck and patience.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    If you don't want your good stuff sellling for 99 cents, then put a higher starting amount. Someone will eventually give that first bid.
    That's what I always do, though there is a tradeoff. There is always a possibility that, when you list something low, people will start bidding when they otherwise may not, and when people get caught up in bidding wars (which starts when they get their "feet in the door" with the deceptively low initial price), sometimes they ultimately end up paying more than they would at the beginning. Though, obviously, you end up disappointed when that doesn't happen and you have to sell something for less than you think it is worth. Having a reserve is one way around that, but I have never had that on an auction, so I don't know how well it really works.

There are some strange strategic complexities to both buying and selling on eBay.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    Having a reserve is one way around that, but I have never had that on an auction, so I don't know how well it really works.
    I've never understood the point to the whole RESERVE PRICE thing. Why have a Start Bidding amount which is lower than the Reserve price? Doesn't it just make sense to have the starting bid at the minimum amount you are willing to take for it? Just put the Start price and the Reserve price at the same amount people.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

People start with opening bids lower than their reserves to encourage bidding. People are more likely to hop onto an auction with a .99 start than with a $20 start. Goes back to the previous comment about people getting their feet wet and getting caught up in bidding wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiro
    Cool.

anybody wanna gimme fiddy bones for my Complete Loose Beach Head?
    Taichiro,

Really?? Is it complete with file card?! ...PM sent (insert sarcasm here) :-)

It sounds like we all have been subjected to the fluctuation of e-bay prices. I won't bore anyone with details, but I too have sold items that sold for no where near what that same item sold for on another auction.

I put an 97 Oktober Guard still on the card on EBAY for $15 starting price and $6 shipping a couple of weeks ago and no one bid on it. I saw Volga, by her self, go this week in a Buy It Know for $14.95 and $5 shipping. I would think that the other two figures in the pack are worth more than $1.05, but hey, what do I know!

Quote Originally Posted by sigeprobert
    I put an 97 Oktober Guard still on the card on EBAY for $15 starting price and $6 shipping a couple of weeks ago and no one bid on it. I saw Volga, by her self, go this week in a Buy It Know for $14.95 and $5 shipping. I would think that the other two figures in the pack are worth more than $1.05, but hey, what do I know!
    lol i want a volga