Here comes the movie Now lets get figures! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Leavitt
    What worries me, and I posted it before, is that the movie line will squash the 25th anniversary style line of figure just before it really got going. Hasbro will probably stop this line in favor of the movie line. While the movie may reinvigorate G.I.Joe in the public's mind, it will be a G.I.Joe that we barely recognize.
    I totally agree with you. You can say goodbye to the Joe we know, and say hello to Belgium Duke and French Gung Ho. Yuch. And I was enjoying the 25th anniversary figures. Ah well, I guess it will be time to give up in 2009.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Did anyone else notice that on ENI Cobra is said to be run by a double-crossing Scottish weapon producer? Where is Cobra commander? Will we see cobra run by Destro?
    "I am still alive! Crusher, I'm coming for you! I want my old life back. And will you leave Bacon alone?"

SECRET SANTA CHECK MY WANTS FOR MY WISH LIST!
    Always looking to buy, sell, trade: Please CHECK my want lists:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...ahyde%27s+list

Quote Originally Posted by gnawgahyde
    Did anyone else notice that on ENI Cobra is said to be run by a double-crossing Scottish weapon producer? Where is Cobra commander? Will we see cobra run by Destro?
    Yeah I did. I post a bit about that in the movie news thread http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...803#post289803

I don't like the whole "double-crossing Scottish weapon producer" thing - Destro is 'sposed to be a sort of honable"bad guy" type person, not a "double-crosser" - in my mind at least... I also wounder where CC is...
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnok4life
    I totally agree with you. You can say goodbye to the Joe we know, and say hello to Belgium Duke and French Gung Ho. Yuch. And I was enjoying the 25th anniversary figures. Ah well, I guess it will be time to give up in 2009.
    I don't think Duke or Gung Ho have anything to worry about.

but a Belgian Dial Tone wouldn't be a bad thing.

How about a samuel L Jackson Stalker? and he can reprise his role from Pulp Fiction. A couple of those dudes from 300. Maybe the Rock

I'm nervous about a GiJoe movie. I thought the Transformers Classics line was brilliant because it made great new versions of the old figures. Alternators were ok but wasn't really doing anything in terms of old characters. The rest of the new lines were disappointing in my opinion.

So, anyways, tangent there, I get a new sweet Megatron and Optimus Prime last fall, Starscream etc. then BOOM! Transformers the movie hits and the classics are basically discontinued. Albeit Wal-Mart has re-released a lot of classics product right, but that's only because their behind in producing more product from the movies.

My point though is I think the 25th anniversary 3 3/4" line is really great but could be put on the back-burner or eliminated with oodles of GiJoe: The Live-Action movie product. While I hear good things about the Transformers movie, does anyobody honestly think the designs of the robots are any good? I think they're utterly horrible. I mean, I could imagine them creating a Snake-Eyes with costume with flames everywhere.....I bet Hasbro would dump the 25 anniv line in favor of the movie. I've never really liked movie toys.
    Last edited by CobraBlue; 08-25-2007 at 08:47 AM.

I like ALL of the Movie TF Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraBlue
    I'm nervous about a GiJoe movie. I thought the Transformers Classics line was brilliant because it made great new versions of the old figures. Alternators were ok but wasn't really doing anything in terms of old characters. The rest of the new lines were disappointing in my opinion.

So, anyways, tangent there, I get a new sweet Megatron and Optimus Prime last fall, Starscream etc. then BOOM! Transformers the movie hits and the classics are basically discontinued. Albeit Wal-Mart has re-released a lot of classics product right, but that's only because their behind in producing more product from the movies.

My point though is I think the 25th anniversary 3 3/4" line is really great but could be put on the back-burner or eliminated with oodles of GiJoe: The Live-Action movie product. While I hear good things about the Transformers movie, does anyobody honestly think the designs of the robots are any good? I think they're utterly horrible. I mean, I could imagine them creating a Snake-Eyes with costume with flames everywhere.....I bet Hasbro would dump the 25 anniv line in favor of the movie. I've never really liked movie toys.
    I picked up all of the TF Classics to put away until my son is older. They are very cool and got me interested in TF again. The movie figures were kina eh. Didn't pick any of them up. I know I read somewhere that the Classics line was a fill in until the movie premiered but that they will return later in the year/early next year b/c they were so popular
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

im gonna just wait and see i diddnt very much care for the 25th figs at first till i had them in my hands
    " Theres only one return and thats of the jedi" randel from clerks 2

Quote Originally Posted by CobraBlue
    I liked the TF movie quite a bit, for the sort of movie that it is. But for the most part I though the robot designs were pretty horrible for the most part. Optimus Prime & Meatron were especially bad IMO... But to each their own - it was still a very fun popcorn Sci-Fi action flick…it's worth watching.

Assuming at that time the Joe movie hits they are still making the 25th anniversary style figs (which I hope they will be): I really hope Hasbro keeps making classic 25th ann style favorites (based on the old RAH figures, comics, and cartoon series), ALONG with movie figures (hope they'll be in the 25th ann style, too)
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "