Here comes the movie Now lets get figures!

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Here comes the movie Now lets get figures!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11691

With the announcement of the movie being green lit, it is safe to assume that when it appears there will be a window of time when the aisles are ruled by all things Joe. I hope this means a new movie line of 3 3/4 figures. I am sure we will get other sizes, but surely Hasbro has seen with Sigma 6, Sgt Savage, Extreme etc. ..that it always comes back to the 3 3/4. So here is to hoping that in a few years the aisles get taken over by battalions of Joe stuff!!!

BTW I know the movie has been mentioned before, but this thread is to talk about your wishes and wants for 3 3/4 scale product that could come as a result of the movie.
    Last edited by Jay West; 08-24-2007 at 09:49 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah even if the movies sucks I'm hoping it has some good figures.
    ~Pit-Viper~

What worries me, and I posted it before, is that the movie line will squash the 25th anniversary style line of figure just before it really got going. Hasbro will probably stop this line in favor of the movie line. While the movie may reinvigorate G.I.Joe in the public's mind, it will be a G.I.Joe that we barely recognize.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well we have at least 2 years worth of 25th anniversary figures coming I hope.(Even though the 25th moniker wouldn't make much sense if it is the 26th,27th anniversary)It is about time they make this movie.I will reserve judgment until I see it.Because a lot of hardcore Transformers fans said the same thing about Michael Bay being the worst for making the movie and that movie was one of the best I have ever seen.So we will see.
    Last edited by cobraferret; 08-24-2007 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraferret
    Well we have at least 2 years worth of 25th anniversary figures coming I hope.(Even though the 25th moniker wouldn't make much sense if it is the 26th,27th anniversary)It is about time they make this movie.I will reserve judgment until I see it.Because a lot of hardcore Transformers fans said the same thing about Michael Bay being the worst for making the movie and that movie was one of the best I have ever seen.So we will see.
    I know a lot of TF fans who still think Michael Bay was the worst choice to direct that movie

But I did enjoy it myself, a lot - it was much better then I though it would be

On the topic of the movie figs - it sounds like the Joe team is going to be international in the film (link), so I hope they create a bunch of new international Joes - and make figs.

I'm all for new characters, any time.
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Yeah, any new characters debuting in a movie would be the most interesting thing to see. Also, how well they're able to sculpt the individual actors face on a 3 3/4 figure.

Hopefully they'll do a seperate 8 inch line with the actors facial features and just go for a standard look when they integrate them into 3 3/4.

"Although “G.I. Joe” has enjoyed lasting success in many mediums, it is likely the enormous silver screen popularity of another 1980s toy franchise, the Transformers, expedited the green-lighting of this film."

This is PRECISELY what I have told everyone O talked to about Transformers. The re-emergence of other 80's toys lines as movies and new action figure lines is not far behind. Why wouldn't Hasbro start to come back out with some of it's other popular 80's lines with hopes of re-producing TF movie like success. It spells goods times ahead for us 80's toy geeks-imagine-alive action Inhumanoids or MASK movie

~drool drool drool~
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

I think the "International" Joes will likely take on familiar names.

as much as you all would hate to see that, take a look at those character's Canadian, or British filecards.

so, to say "They were always American!" is kinda....not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiro
    I think the "International" Joes will likely take on familiar names.
    Which would be a great for overseas sales and much more realistic considering what is happening in the real world, lets hope that these 'friendly fire' incidents can be resolved too.

I'm wondering if movie figures will be 6 inches to match the current superhero size figures kids are used to, and they will ignore the 3 3/4 line for awhile until it dies off.