25th ann series 3 high res photos on TNI w/ painted Stalker! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I like the looks of these guys. I've been happy as a little kid on Christmas with all the 25th figs so far, and can't wait for more! I am curious as to why Stalker comes with a WWII German MP-40 SMG. An odd choice. Figured I'd add my two cents in about Wave 2 since those pics were up too - Buzzer looks great as far a 25th style goes, and I like the flames on the chainsaw, but I really wish he had the black pads on his pants and the military badges on his shirt!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a question. I read a report from Comic-Con that said Beach-Head was mistakenly made too tall - 25th Anniversary Roadblock tall. I don't remember where I read that, or if I misread or misheard something.

Since Beach-Head and Firefly share the same body, would that mean that Firefly will be huge too?
    Once upon a time there were TV commercials for G.I.Joe comics. They were generated by an ad agency at the clip of four per year. Whatever was shown in the commercial had to be in the comic. I got stuck with Serpentor, Tomax, Xamot and a host of silly characters. I did my best to make them work because it was a matter of doing the job. If you have a squad of losers, you still have to go out on patrol. I drew the line at Cobra-La and a few others. There are no plans for future commercials.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh... and no one's mentioned thr articulation on Firefly's leg yet... anyone else notice that?

did anybody notice the articulation in Firefly's legs?

they have changed it from the metal T-Hook (with screw assembly) to a standard swivel hip.

EDIT: Apparently someone did, lol.

I didn't noticed, but if you think about it, it is seems logical, as a T-hook would be impossible with this construction. And also senseless, as the upper part of the body is too hig for a hook to hold the legs.

I can't remember the last time I wanted to get every figure from every wave! A couple of key things I like about wave 2 and 3:

Shipwreck's bird-I can see why some may say he's too cartoony, but there's also a lot of detail to him. Nice.

Serpentor-CLOTH CAPE!!!!!!!

Zartan and Serpentor- This is the way to go.....not totally coppying the original look, but keeping the same feel and giving us something new at the same time. Can't wait for these!

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadman
    I am curious as to why Stalker comes with a WWII German MP-40 SMG. An odd choice.
    Yeah that is a really bizarre weapon choice.

A darker green for stalker would be nice but I still think they all look great.

I think in Stalker's case I remember reading in a SDCC interview that they were gonna do a darker camo varient. Personally I think the Darker camo should have been the main one and make the lighter "Comic camo" version the varient

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Leavitt
    I have a question. I read a report from Comic-Con that said Beach-Head was mistakenly made too tall - 25th Anniversary Roadblock tall. I don't remember where I read that, or if I misread or misheard something.

Since Beach-Head and Firefly share the same body, would that mean that Firefly will be huge too?
    This is from a thread at JBL:

"Beach Head's head is pretty big.. Warden (new head of the line) directed the sculptor working on ti to make it smaller, but as they kept doing revisions, they ran out of time for the head change, so Warden was forced (Hasbro deadlines) to send Beach Head to the factory as-is."

Heres the link: http://forums.joebattlelines.com/viewtopic.php?t=13219

That thread also mentions this about Serpentor's new look:

"Warden is NOT a fan of "updated looks".. he wants classic characters in classic uniforms. The "updated" Serpentor was not his idea, and by the time he was made aware of it, it was too late to change him back. This is apparently true for a few other figures and/or certain aspects of some of the figures."
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS