'91 Duke combat boots?

yojoe.com

'91 Duke combat boots?

Just wondering if the boots from '91 Duke are actually real or made up boots.

I don't think they look like anything that exists. But if they do, wear can you get them?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

by 91 duke, do you mean the 1992 version 3 Duke?

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

If you're referring to just the part of the tan boot on his feet, than I can't say. I don't think all of the stuff the Joes wear is modeled on real items. However, if you're referring to the red part on his calves, this appears to represent what are known as 'puttees', which are strips of cloth wrapped around the leg. The normally start at the ankle and work their way up towards the knee, and are secured near the top with ties, hooks, clips or buckles. They offered support to the ankle and kept debris out of the tops of the ankle boots. They were commonly worn by many armies in WWI and WWII. I always thought it strange to have them on such a modern figure, but a lot of the Joes wear unconventional uniform items.