Getting into 8-inch Sigma 6! Good haul coming?

yojoe.com

Talking Getting into 8-inch Sigma 6! Good haul coming?

A year or two I picked up a first wave Snake Eyes and was pretty disappointed by the extremely angular sculpt and sort of "meh" accessories. Well, it looks like I've missed a lot! I'm getting into Sigma 6 with a whole load of figures coming from various stores.

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait, so I stopped by Toys R Us and picked up a Gung-Ho and the last Grand Slam they had (hidden on the very top peg).

I'm pretty impressed by them. Gung Ho's machine gun gimmick is loose and looks sort of junky, so I might dab a spot of epoxy under the sliding bit so it looks decent, even if it no longer slides. I wish he came with a sidearm too, but otherwise he's a great figure, especially for Soldier price.

Gung Ho's cool too, and I'm glad I got him. First, he's a huge dude when I can't find Heavy Duty anywhere. Second, his rocket launcher is awesome, even if the trigger is weirdly placed for when you **** it. His machine gun's funky, but it's pretty unique, and his locker is great for Gung Ho's extra kit too (if I keep both big guns out of it).

In a week or so, I'll also be getting the following from a couple stores and auctions:

-Duke (wave 1)
    -Long Range (wave 1)
    -Destro
    -Cobra Commander (black version)
    -Lt. Stone

I was going to get Zartan too, but I lost the auction.

So I'm pretty stoked about these Joes. And I really hope Hasbro keeps with the 8-inch format even if Sigma 6 stops. The big figures are less clunky than the 12-inchers, but have better articulation and much better accessories than the 3 3/4 inch figures. The Adventure and Combat Squad figures give me a nice bit of hope, and I'm looking forward to Sgt. Boulder filling the Heavy Duty-shaped hole in my collection.

Incidentally, I have a wave 1 Snake Eyes for trade for Heavy Duty, Zartan, or almost any other fig you'd be interested in. Not in box and I have to check if it has everything, but it's good condition.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Happy to see another 8 inch collector. I'm more into 8 inch Joes right now than I am into 3 3/4". There are many reasons. One reason is that I have most of my 3 3/4" want list and another reason is that you can get 8 inch Joes really cheap right now.
    Trade and Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=48657
    My 3 3/4" Figure and Vehicle Price Guide: http://www.GIJoePriceGuide.com/

Welcome! I am new to the 8 inch scale also. I have managed to pick up in the last month or so Inferno, Grand Slam, Destro, Commando Snake Eyes, Shipwreck, Flint, Firefly and 2 Iron Grenadiers.

I am looking for Lockdown, Stone, either Zartan and possibly a v1 Long Range and Spirit. Once I have these I'll be pretty satisfied for the time being.

I think I might get that goofy Dark Ninja and Short Fuze and Colton if they come out.

The Toys R US 3 pack looks cool too.