- - Bigbot's Ebay Misadventures - -

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

- - Bigbot's Ebay Misadventures - -

Bigbot Case File # DB00001

Seller: flyers-fan12

The Bigbot picks up what he believes to be a good deal on Ebay. Though the pics on the auction are taken under low-light, the item is AFA graded. the Bigbot takes a chance.

Item arrives promptly. Upon inspection, the Bigbot noticed a looooong black curly human hair sealed within said AFA graded product. Moments later, the Bigbot picks himself up off the floor and commences to clean up his puke.

The Bigbot contacts seller to explain the situation. Seller offers refund of $5.85 equal to shipping. Knowing that he will never be able to resale the item, the Bigbot counters with what he believes is a reasonable $20 refund request.

Seller responds quickly and abruptly with a "no" and "I am already being nice by offering $5.85 because I DO NOT TAKE RETURNS."

The Bigbot calmly responds with two points: "The item is not as described and...there's a CURLY in it."

For a second time, the Bigbot picks himself up off the floor to read the sellers next response. Seller counters with the "it's an AFA item" argument and the hair will not devalue it more than $5.85." So, go away.

The Bigbot has no choice but to leave his first Negative Feedback in years. Take that flyers-fan12!!

Anyone interested in seeing pics? ............thud.
    Last edited by Bigbot; 08-29-2013 at 07:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Eeewwww.....

Someone REALLY loved that figure before grading it.

Quote Originally Posted by NotCool View Post
    Eeewwww.....

Someone REALLY loved that figure before grading it.
    LOL, Thats gross!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Crack the AFA Case, take figure out and dispose the acrylic case and filthy hair.... problem solved!

Yup, I tried coming up with all types of solutions. But believe it or not, look at where the hair actually is. I couldn't believe how this was missed.

Last edited by Bigbot; 08-30-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    @#$%ing AFA. The F stands for follicle...

See what I did there?
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Oh the hair is not only in the AFA case, but it even under the bubble seal... You probably Cannot remove it then, so either lie with or sell the moc (like the previous owned Did)....

Quote Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
    Oh the hair is not only in the AFA case, but it even under the bubble seal... You probably Cannot remove it then, so either lie with or sell the moc (like the previous owned Did)....
    I know and that's the problem. I'm stuck because I have to totally disclose the hair or I won't sleep at night! I hope the NEG was worth the measily $20 that would have shut my trap. On top of that the guy was a complete jerk. Like I was trying to rip him off! He began his messages back to me with "UMMM...NO"

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
    @#$%ing AFA. The F stands for follicle...

See what I did there?
    Thanks to them I am now am the proud(?) owner of a 70 EX+ graded curly hair.

Look at it like this, maybe the hair belongs to someone famous? Maybe that is why the AFA gave it a 70...it was just a "hair shy" of 80.