G.I.JOE based Real Time Strategy Game

yojoe.com

G.I.JOE based Real Time Strategy Game

Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum to post in but here we go:

I'm working on a G.I.Joe Realtime Strategy game using the Command and Conquer 3 engine from E.A.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/932602...meplay-movie-7

Now imagine whats in the link above containing G.I.JOE and Cobra vehicles and troops going at it! That's the goal. There's a lot to do but before I start there's a question I wanted to ask you, the fans.

Which era I should base the game on. (As in which vehicles to include and which charachters).
    (Everyone I've asked for so far has said 1985-86 as being the golden period that featured great joe and cobra troops alike)

Anyone have any different ideas or suggestions? Would you even want to play a game like this?

Look forward to reading your feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think it's a great idea! I have always thought that a Joe strategy game would rock, but like many of us, I don't have the time nor the resources to do something alike.

Most people here would agree that the game should be based on the '84-'86 era. But If I had to do it, I'd go with '87-'89!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us, I look forward to see the results.
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Why that later era if I might ask? I find the vehicles became more "Spectacular" during that era and not so much grounded in reality anymore.

Are there any favourites that should definately be included, (I'm thinking the uss flagg and cobra island for sure and so on...)

Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RTS_Viper
    Why that later era if I might ask? I find the vehicles became more "Spectacular" during that era and not so much grounded in reality anymore.

Are there any favourites that should definately be included, (I'm thinking the uss flagg and cobra island for sure and so on...)

Thanks
    Well, that is just my opinion. I like my joe-verse that way (sci-fi-ish)

As for the favorites you mentioned... yes the FLAGG, Cobra Island, The Moray, HISS tanks, Skystrikers, Rattlers, Mauler, CLAW's, SNAKE's, AWE striker, Skyhawk, etc.

I think you get the picture now

Great Idea

if it were up to me, I would go '82 to '86. I personally quit G.I.joe in '87 because I thought they were getting too "out there".

but I can't wait to see this in action!! Thanks for a little more excitment.
    C. M.

I think there are a handful from the 87 - 90 era that could work...

Such examples would include:

Rolling Thunder
    Thunderclap
    Hammer
    Persuader
    SLAM
    Desert Fox

Are a handful that come to mind...
    Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by RTS_Viper
    No one has mentioned the Terror Drome!

Hey, is there a chance to see the Defiant in your game? It's a fan favorite after all....

i think the bridgelayer would be cool in a game. also, the WHALE would be pretty versatile, like the hoverships in C&C that can carry other smaller vehicles and troops. it would be hard to go just by era or even year. maybe just go by what you like. any art form starts off that way and i'm sure if this actually is made then we would like it and give input as to what we think should be added or taken away. go ahead and give us a rough cut

Quote Originally Posted by djett View Post
    if it were up to me, I would go '82 to '86. I personally quit G.I.joe in '87 because I thought they were getting too "out there".

but I can't wait to see this in action!! Thanks for a little more excitment.
    Yeah, the appeal of joe to me was the tint of realism. That's what made it stand out. I heard a rumor that the early 80's joe tech was designed using actual r&d prints from defense contractors,rejected by NATO nations, therefor declassified, and later sold to HASBRO. Probably an urban myth, but still vaguely feasible when i was young, and impressionable. Everything else: Ninja turtles, he-man, thundercats ; their way out fantasy looked dumb compared to GIJOE : using (almost) real tools in real places.
    As for the game: How tough is it to do a tech tree? Evolving from the purely realistic 60's/70's joe, then cutting edge 80's, slightly ridiculous late 80's/90's, maybe even introducing extreme, and sigma 6 at the top.