Official 2007 GI Joe Convention thread - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Siegie looks cool. Nice details and I like holstered revolver. Stalker's looking good too. Can't wait to see the rest.

...oh, and that page won't load for me either.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteJest
    Siegie looks cool. Nice details and I like holstered revolver. Stalker's looking good too. Can't wait to see the rest.

...oh, and that page won't load for me either.
    Yeah that Siegie is rocking my socks, - and the cobra jet pack trooper on single card is going to rock - cause I want an army of them.... and Stalker looks just fine now with proper camo, I don't have to fix him when i get him anymore

I'm lovin the 25th, baby, just lovin it.

Hasbro, you guys rock!
    Last edited by TheReverend; 09-28-2007 at 06:05 PM.
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    I'd imagine that Stalker is the darker camo version we heard about at SDCC, looks very nice
    The news I got from a friend at the Con is that the darker colored Stalker is the VARIANT for that wave.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend
    Toy News International has some more info from the con, for us poor saps that aren’t there, it is located here

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=11941

The main thing I got out of that, is they are in fact going to fix stalkers camo so it’s isn’t that crappy yellow color

Pics:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=view&a...ze=800&start=0

sweet!

The little article also says there is going to be a 25th Flash fig…. sweet, again.
    But we knew that...he's in wave four...

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Well, I like the figure set, but $268 is too rich for my blood. I wouldn't mind having the Starduster/Grand Slam set, but $46 is too expensive for two figures. I think the Maulers both rock out, and love Rip It (Steeler is...eh), but there's no way on Earth they're worth $78 each .

I have bought convention pieces in the past...in fact, I have over a dozen assorted convention pieces from 2002-2006...but they've officially priced me out this year. If this stays the course, I'll likely never buy another convention piece again.

It's a shame too, because overall (except for the VAMP), this might be the best year yet for convention exclusives.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

the 25th line is really growing on me...now if only i can find it. the convention prices are getting to high at least for me. the one thing i would like to have is the pipper at the convention price of 25 im a buyer but at the ebay price of 65 i will have to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
    The news I got from a friend at the Con is that the darker colored Stalker is the VARIANT for that wave.
    AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! I cant even find the REGULAR figures!!!

"Baroness and one other figure they could not remember at the time of talking with us will not be re-released, however army builder fans will be happy to hear that the Cobra Airborne Trooper that is coming in the second Cobra boxset will be released in this special single-carded wave."

... Which I'm guessing means no regular, red-logo Trooper. Just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2783
    ... Which I'm guessing means no regular, red-logo Trooper. Just wait and see.
    Why on Earth would you assume that? Of all the 10 figs they could release, they would sell most of those Troopers.

I'm guessing it's Scarlett since they are already doing another Scarlett in an upcoming 2-pack.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

News from TNI

They know the stuff is flying off the shelf and is hard to find, but don't worry cause more stuff is on the way.

- Special wave at the end of 2007 will be 8 of the boxset figures on single carded figures.

- Wave 1 2008 single packs. (Pics coming soon)

Iron Grenadier Destro (Blade Destro) w/removeable sword
    Snake Eyes V1 (All Black)
    Crimson Guard
    Snow Job
    Sgt. Flash (The quilted pattern on his chest will be added to the final product, but the figure on display here does not have it.)

- As Hasbro goes forward they are fixing the crotches so that they can sit in vehicles.

- Comic 2-Packs

Cartoon Deco Schemes
    Tribute Artwork from Ashley Wood and Greg Horn

- There are some big things coming for these and will be making a big announcement tomorrow. The first waves will be mostly redeco's but then they will reall amp the line up.

- Comic 2-Pack wave 1: The comic covers are being done by Ashley Wood

Issue 1: Lady Doomsday (Scarlett & Hawk)
    Issue 21: Silent Interlude (Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes)
    Issue 24: The Comander Escapes (Duke & Hooded [COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Cobra [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]Commander[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR])

Sneak Peek: Wave 2 Dreadnoks

- Mail away figure in 2008. Doc who got 44% of the vote in the fan poll Hasbro ran for this figure. It will have a brand new stretcher and medical bag. Will use existing parts but will have a lot of detail.

- DTC wave 4. Wil be released through Master Collector.

- Vehicles (Target will have 3 exclusve vehicles).

Blue Hiss (RAH repaint) Tank with a new driver
    Night Spector with Grand Slam (RAH Sharc repaint)
    Awe Striker w/Crank Case (RAH Awe Striker repaint)

The stickers on these will be just like the ones on the 80's versions.